Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jon 17 posts 37 karma points
    Oct 14, 2009 @ 07:09
    Jon

Muliple Usercontrols is Preventing Postback on Button

Hey, i have two usercontrols, one is an ajax menu that has animation.  The second is a form to submit an email to the website.  When i have the two controls together the submit email form doesn't work.  it displays fine and the form_load function works.  However when i click on the submit button on the form, nothing seems to happen.

If i take out the menu things seem to work just fine.  Any ideas on what i need to do?

Thanks,

Jon

• Richard Soeteman 4035 posts 12842 karma points MVP
    Oct 14, 2009 @ 09:14
    Richard Soeteman

Hi Jon,

I think you have two <form runat="server"> tags on the page? One form on each usercontrol? If so remove them and add one form tag to the template.

Hope it helps you,

Richard

Oct 15, 2009 @ 02:49
    Jon

Hey Richard, I checked to see if i had two <form runat="server"> tags and i only have one.  Not sure what the problem is any other ideas?

Jon

Oct 15, 2009 @ 02:55
    Jon

Also, i simplified my control to just have a button and a textbox.  when pressing the button what is supposed to happen is the texbox is to be populated with a value, this works when the menu is not present, but as soon as i add it, nothing get populated to the textbox.

Jon

• Nik Wahlberg 639 posts 1237 karma points MVP
    Oct 15, 2009 @ 03:39
    Nik Wahlberg

Hey Jon, do you have any conflicting form validation in these controls? In other words, if you have form validation in both controls, but you're not specifying which validation group to use, then this could potnetially happen.

Just a thought.

-- Nik

Oct 15, 2009 @ 04:08
    Jon

Hey Nik, tried just adding in a textbox and button, but no validation and i'm still getting the issue.  Its obvious that its the menu i created using animation extender, but has anyone else had troubles using microsofts ajax toolkit?

Jon

Oct 15, 2009 @ 05:04
    Jon

One more thing i've tried - I put the user controls together in visual studio and when i run the page the page posts back correctly.  So what would be different in umbraco?

Jon

• Frederik Vig 29 posts 61 karma points
    Oct 15, 2009 @ 20:24
    Frederik Vig

Use an HTTP monitoring tool like Firebugs Networking Monitoring to check that none of the external files return an 404 error (look for webresource.axd). If they do make sure that your web.config file contains all the necessary settings for ASP.NET AJAX to work.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft