Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ferdy Hoefakker 214 posts 248 karma points
    Dec 02, 2013 @ 15:59
    Ferdy Hoefakker

Enable list view and multi-node tree picker

Hi all,

I am currently testing out a few things in Umbraco 7 for a client. I have been playing around with the new "Enable list view" option, which seems very nice. However, when I add a multi node tree picker and try to select items that are below a node that has "Enable list view" enabled, it won't allow me to fold it out.

Am I missing something or is this not possible?

Thanks in advance!

-Ferdy

Dec 03, 2013 @ 17:09
    Ferdy Hoefakker

Anyone?

Dec 04, 2013 @ 08:58
    Ferdy Hoefakker

No answer?

-Ferdy

• Nenad Kosanovic 18 posts 56 karma points
    Dec 05, 2013 @ 10:03
    Nenad Kosanovic

Hello Ferdy,

Sorry to disappoint you, this is not answer to your question. :) I was wondering, how can I enable list view option for media items?

• Marcel van Helmont 68 posts 259 karma points c-trib
    Dec 05, 2013 @ 10:13
    Marcel van Helmont

@Fredy,

The only way i know is to create your own tree and load items below the node you whant. Also you need to create a property editor that uses that tree.

I think that when the MNTP supports a startnode that the problem is solved and we can use it out of the box.

@Nienad You can't or actually it's uses a thumbnails view by default. Where you can drop images in also. If you click on the root node or on a folder than you see al teh images below that folder als thumbnails.

• Charles Zipp 20 posts 81 karma points
    Mar 20, 2014 @ 06:19
    Charles Zipp

This needs to be bumped. I ran into this same thing and spent over an hour trying to get the MNTP to work before i figured out what was causing it. Basically, when creating a data type with the MNTP in V7.0.4...

- the specified root node's document type is set to "Enable List View"

- the "filter out" property on the custom data type is set to the document type that would appear under the specified root node

I had the following content

Designs

Sizes
    --Size 1
    --Size 2

I set the root node to be Sizes which has document type of "Sizes" whose list view is enabled. I set the filter out property to "Size" which is the document type of Size 1, and Size 2.

I dont think this is necessarily a bug but, would be nice to have this scenario documented on the MNTP page here.

• Amir Khan 1282 posts 2739 karma points
    Mar 21, 2014 @ 16:40
    Amir Khan

This is true for the normal content picker as well. Enabling list view hides everything.

• Wiebe Tijsma 16 posts 92 karma points
    Apr 11, 2014 @ 16:18
    Wiebe Tijsma

I ran into this issue too. Is there no way to relate/pick items in a list view?

• Scott Brightman 4 posts 26 karma points
    Apr 23, 2014 @ 14:21
    Scott Brightman

I think this is definitely a bug where they are reusing the main content tree control (where hiding "list view items" is desirable) in the picker (where it clearly isn't desirable and breaks it). I've discovered that you can use the search box above the tree control to find the hidden content and select it, but that's not exactly ideal.

• Johan 188 posts 380 karma points
    Apr 29, 2014 @ 13:06
    Johan

Yes, this must be a bug. There is no reason why this shouldn't work. There is a bug report here http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-4381 give it a vote.

• Johan 188 posts 380 karma points
    Apr 30, 2014 @ 10:22
    Johan

Ok, the reason to use List View instead of the tree view is that it can be a LOT of entries. BUT there really needs to be a way to pick these nodes. I'm using the list view for news and i want the editors to be able to pick "Featured news articles" and sort them. This is only one of multiple reasons to be able to pick nodes in List View. A discussion involving core can be found here. http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-3681

A special picker for list views that displays the data like the List View itself (search and sort) would be perfect for this.

Update: It's not possible to choose a node in tree view with related links either ;(

• Søren Kottal 702 posts 4497 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Jun 27, 2014 @ 12:36
    Søren Kottal

You can use search to find nodes in a list view. Not perfect, but works.

There was an open space session discussing this at Codegarden.

• Scott Reed 25 posts 69 karma points
    Aug 26, 2014 @ 12:58
    Scott Reed

I got round this item. The list view that is displayed is actually a data type availible, so if you create a data type of the List View type then add it on to a tab you get the same functionallity as the list view option but still get expandable nodes and the pickers work.

• Daryl Teo 6 posts 28 karma points
    Oct 17, 2014 @ 03:37
    Daryl Teo

+1 to Scott Reed for any other google adventures. SEOed response below.

Umbraco 7 Multi Node Tree Picker MNTP and other Content Pickers does not work with Enable List View enabled. Workaround this by creating a custom Data Type (article list in my case), select "List View" as the data control. Add it as a property to your parent node in its own tab and you will see a list view. You will now see child nodes appear under the parent node, but also in the list view for batch operations. Its a functional compromise until Multi Node Tree Picker works against the Document list instead of Tree Nodes.

I highly doubt you are able to add multiple List Views though, as it is still based off the Child Nodes. Thankfully I don't need to try this.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft