Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ian Pettman 25 posts 53 karma points
    Dec 17, 2013 @ 18:38
    Ian Pettman

Where is the user content stored in an umbraco (4.+) page

Hi I thought I'd find this by Google but no such luck..... I have mutiple pages with various content that users have added. Somewhere in there (the user content) are references to http:// I'm tying to find the column(s) that contain the text that would otherwise (pre formating) be refered to as content. I've found cmsDocument table and the text column, but that does not appear to be it... seen an anatomy of an umbraco page, doesnt seem to help, seen a relationship diagram ditto. So where is (user) content hidden please?

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Dec 17, 2013 @ 19:24
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Ian,

If I understand you question correctly you want to know where you can find all the content that your users of the Umbraco have typed into the CMS. If its the case, the content is located in a XML config file called umbraco. You will find the file under the App_Data folder in your Umbraco installation.

If I have misunderstound your question I'm really sorry  and I hope that you can try to explain it in another way.

/Dennis

Dec 18, 2013 @ 10:36
    Ian Pettman

Hi Dennis, no I'm reasonably sure that explains it. It was just that (probably a year ago) I asked what needed to be backed up and resored to ensure that a complete site moved from a dev server to a live one and was told just the database. I then discovered the media files were not included in the database so my list was db backup + media folder....

• Mike Chambers 635 posts 1252 karma points c-trib
    Dec 18, 2013 @ 23:26
    Mike Chambers

But then on the other hand.. if you delete that app_data/umbraco.config file and recycle your app then you see it's magically rebuilt by the umbraco framework from the content in the database :-)

i think you are perhaps after the cmsPropertyData table..

a sql script we use to hunt down occurences of text in any text property in the newest version of the content is.. maybe this might help???

select b.Id as PropertyDataId, c.path ,
    contentNodeId, d.Name, d.Id as PropertyTypeId, c.text as DocumentName, dataNvarchar, dataNtext

FROM
            cmsDocument AS a       
            INNER JOIN cmsPropertyData AS b ON a.nodeId = b.contentNodeId and a.newest = 1  and a.versionId = b.versionId
            INNER JOIN umbracoNode as c on a.nodeId = c.id
            INNER JOIN cmsPropertyType as  d on b.propertytypeid = d.id 
    WHERE
            (
                    b.dataNvarchar LIKE ('%' + 'SOMETERM' + '%')
                    OR
                    b.dataNtext LIKE ('%' + 'SOMETERM' + '%')
            )  
            AND
            (
            trashed <> '1'
            )      
    ;

Dec 19, 2013 @ 10:49
    Ian Pettman

Mike, you are a star.... that is exactly what I was strugging to find. And what is more, if I understand correcly.....the changes wont majically dissapear / reappear after a rebuild. I presume a publish all pages would have a similar effect to deleting the app_data/umbraco.config and recycling

Dec 19, 2013 @ 10:50
    Ian Pettman

Mike, you are a star.... that is exactly what I was strugging to find. And what is more, if I understand correcly.....the changes wont majically dissapear / reappear after a rebuild. I presume a publish all pages would have a similar effect to deleting the app_data/umbraco.config and recycling

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft