Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Claire Botman 48 posts 77 karma points
    Oct 20, 2009 @ 15:53
    Claire Botman

Member type properties

I've searched the web & looked around in umbraco but can't figure out what "Member can edit" and "show on profile" is for?

I'd like to create some member profile pages that members can edit themselves.  I know how to do this in standard asp.net membership provider with user controls etc but the UI seems to imply that there's something built in to umbraco?

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Oct 20, 2009 @ 16:56
    Dirk De Grave

Hi Claire,

Both properties are used in some controls (umbracoext project on Codeplex), originating from v3 (pre asp.net membership stuff). But it sure can be used to build the user controls and check whether specific properties may be seen/updated by a member.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

/Dirk

Oct 21, 2009 @ 04:22
    Claire Botman

OK, thanks for that Dirk.  I'm beginning to get my head around how membership works in Umbraco.  I have a couple of community type sites I'd like to move to umbraco & wondering the best way to go about it.  From what I can tell (& from a couple of new posts in this forum today, thankyou Slace), the future is the standard ASP.NET membership/role/profile providers.  It will be interesting to see what the community comes up with, I will have a look at osMemberControls but sadly it doesn't look like anything's happening there lately.

• skiltz 501 posts 701 karma points
    Oct 21, 2009 @ 04:35
    skiltz

Hi Claire

I'm the developer working on osMemberControls.  There has been a few updates recently and the package is working on a number ofproduction sites I and others look after.

I haven't made a new "package" for the controls for a while, however if you are familar with Visual Studio you can download the latest source code from osmembercontrols.codeplex.com and implement it that way.

I'll try and get a new packaged version up in the next few days.

Thanks,
    Matthew

Oct 21, 2009 @ 04:44
    Claire Botman

Ah hello skiltz!  I'm very glad to hear your project is still active, it looked rather quiet at codeplex & I went to your website link which was dead (?)

Yes I will definitely download the source from codeplex (or checkout your new package) but it will be a while before I get around to it as I have other work to get onto this week.

Thankyou!

• William Burnett 213 posts 262 karma points
    Oct 29, 2009 @ 18:05
    William Burnett

I have no idea how to implement this without a package... can anybody please help?

Oct 30, 2009 @ 04:18
    Claire Botman

I just added the user controls to my visual studio project, compiled & copied the dll to the website.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft