Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ahmed 16 posts 96 karma points
    Jan 30, 2014 @ 09:48
    Ahmed

sometimes umbraco doesn't save changes in document types and content

sometimes umbraco fails to save the changes i make or document types i make after hours of working, it would be working fine as long as it is open then when i close it and open it again i find most of my work is gone but only document types and content documents and macros, the templates and xslts are not affected

i am using umbraco v.6.1 with web matrix 7 on my local pc

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10091 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Jan 30, 2014 @ 10:17
    Ismail Mayat

Ahmed,

Probably silly question but are saving each time or thinking that umbraco has autosave? It does not have autosave you have to explicitly save also are you permissions correctly setup on your site?

Regards

Ismial

Jan 30, 2014 @ 10:28
    Ahmed

yes i save everytime 

it works fine before i close it, i create document types and content from those document types and publish them 

but they get deleted when i close it

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10091 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Jan 30, 2014 @ 10:30
    Ismail Mayat

The content nodes in umbraco backend disappear or on the front end when viewing the site they dissappear? If they are on front end then its definately a permissions problem. If in the backend then something more serious is going on. Can you also check your log file which is found in app_data directory see if anything helpful there.

Regards

Ismail

Jan 30, 2014 @ 10:42
    Ahmed

the content nodes in the backend dissappear 

the log file doesn't show anything unusual just enteries about document types and content created and published

• gchristakis 1 post 21 karma points
    Apr 01, 2014 @ 09:28
    gchristakis

i have the exact same problem with umbraco. sometimes i lose the document types (not all of them but the last created ) sometimes exept the document types i lose the templates also. i 'm sure that i have save them and i'm working fine until i close the project and reopen it. i don't know what can i do cause i can't trust umbraco anymore .

ahmed did you find a solution for this problem?

thanks in advanced

• Rui Nunes 1 post 21 karma points
    Aug 18, 2014 @ 16:41
    Rui Nunes

Hi there!

Has anyone found out why this is happening? I'm facing the exact same problem as described above. Thanks

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft