Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Steve Waller 1 post 21 karma points
    Feb 04, 2014 @ 14:01
    Steve Waller

Insert / Edit Link using non-unique alias

Hi,

This is my first post here so please be kind!

About 6 months ago I aquired responsibility for an umbraco 6.03 website. This now contains 3 distinct branches and each branch contains a similar layout. the problem is where two branches have sub pages with the same name we find that the friendly URL generated is not unique. I have resolved this problem in custom code/macros by using the page ID rather than name but when the user makes use of the Insert/Edit Link dialogue they cannot create a link by page ID and instead create a link that is likely to cause navigation problems.

It appears the easiest fix is to ensure that friendly URLs are not used and that all pages are referenced by page ID. We don't have a problem with this - although in an ideal world we'd have the friendly URLs being unique.

Many thanks for reading this, any advice that can be offered much appreciated.

Steve

• Cameron 23 posts 42 karma points
    Mar 06, 2014 @ 07:54
    Cameron

In the umbracoSettings.config file there is a switch

<ensureUniqueNaming>True</ensureUniqueNaming> - Try flipping that one and see?

There is also <useDomainPrefixes>false</useDomainPrefixes> flag which could be causing your issues?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft