Press Ctrl / CMD + C to copy this to your clipboard.
This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at
I'm just starting to play around with multiple domains in Umbraco (version 18.104.22.168).
1. Will the two sites be treated as individual sites? It would not be good if pages from one site shows up when searching another.
2. I have a running site online now - is there something I have to consider before starting to build the structure of the new site?
3. What about my XSLT - xpath in particular?
4. What about access to robots.txt - will that continue to work as before?
5. I guess that I will have to change the structure of my sites a bit:
Right now it is as follows:- Content--- Frontpage (doctype = Runway Homepage)----- News----- Gallery
What I need to have when running multiple sites?
- Content--- Website 1 (doctype acting as a folder?)----- Frontpage (doctype = Runway Homepage???)
----- Gallery--- Website 2 (doctype acting as a folder?)----- Frontpage (doctype = Runway Homepage???)
These answers are kind of hard to answer when we don't know your specific XSLT's etc. If your XSLT's doesn't use the "ancestor-or-self::root", then you probably wont have a problem.
It the sites aren't connected, I would recommend a clean Umbraco installation... They'll atleast have to share the same templates, documenttypes (if you aren't going to create duplicate doctypes), media folders, members etc.
1. They should be treated as seperate sites, more or less...
2. Kind of hard to answer...
4. Yes, it would. But you might have to add some extra stuff for your new site?
5. Yes, looks correct. Remember to add hostheaders to your Website 1 and Website 2.
Thank you for your reply.
Actually I only have only one question left to be answered now. I have succesfully added another website, but it looks like I'm having a problem with my homepage. It doesn't show up for www.example.com - only when entering www.example.com/frontpage.aspx.
How can I assign the default homepage for the website?
I have a doctype called Website group which is just used to identify the different websites.
My content-tree now looks like this:
- Content--- Website 1 (doctype = Website group)----- Frontpage (the actual frontpage for the website)----- Other content (gallery, news, contact ect.)
Is it correct to add the hostname to the "Website 1" node and not the "Frontpage"?
It's always good forum-manners to post the answer(s), other people might find it useful. :)
Great to hear you've got it solved!
is working on a reply...
Write your reply to:
Image will be uploaded when post is submitted