Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Suvarna 10 posts 30 karma points
    Oct 23, 2009 @ 09:48
    Suvarna

Umbraco implementation help required

Hi all,

we want to implement following with umbraco,
    a website has 2 modes, business and customer. customer mode is default. top menu has 10 items. out of which 5 are available only with customer mode and 5 are available only with business mode. to change mode, there is a link which when clicked , an active mode should be switched and menus should be displayed according to then-active mode.

how do we implement this with umbraco?
    right now we have added all 10 menu items under umbraco content and each menu item's document type has true/false properties called "isCustomerPage", "isBusinesspage".

1) shall we take that link to switch mode within user control and we set a session variable when that is clicked? but then how do we refer to that session variable when we are generating menus using xslt.

2) other than Session variable, can it be easier to implement using querystring paramaters method.[if yes can you please give pointers to querystring params using umbraco and implementation logic?]

I am new with Umbraco, if there is any easier method than above, then please share that...

Thanks a lot in advance,
    Suvarna

• Jannik Nilsson 38 posts 81 karma points
    Oct 23, 2009 @ 10:37
    Jannik Nilsson

I think I'd spilt the two sections up. Create a Customer folder and a Business folder and then put the respective items into those.

When you render the menu just start from the folder.

• jonok 297 posts 658 karma points
    Oct 23, 2009 @ 11:25
    jonok

You could use a sub-domain - is one of the modes a default mode? you could have the default mode as 'www.yourdomain.com', and then have the other mode as 'customers.yourdomain.com'? Then when loading the nav menu you could check the url (either in the xslt or c#) and load the appropriate menu depending on the sub-domain.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft