Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mads Jørgensen 74 posts 226 karma points
    Feb 25, 2014 @ 10:28
    Mads Jørgensen

Problem with links in RTE

Hi there everybody,

Got an *umbraco v 4.11.10 * install with some odd behaviour in the RTE.

At one point all links on a given page turned into #'es instead of internal links.

All pages linked to is directly children of the page in speak. My first idea was, that some page was unpublished and then children has all lost their URL's or something. But looking at the Audit trail gives me no actual stuff to go by.

What I'm looking for is some ideas of what to research. Anyone else experienced it?

Trying to get enough info to make a qualified bug report, or even trying to fix it.

Thanks in advance,

Mads

• Dan Lister 416 posts 1974 karma points c-trib
    Feb 25, 2014 @ 10:37
    Dan Lister

Have you tried republising your entire site via the content root folder? Getting a hash character for links in the back office usually means there is something wrong with the cache file I think. If that doesn't work, try publishing your home page and include it's children.

• Anders Bjerner 487 posts 2989 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Feb 25, 2014 @ 10:47
    Anders Bjerner

I haven't tested this in Umbraco 4, but in Umbraco 6 internal links in the RTE are automatically parsed at runtime, but if the node behind a link no longer exists (or is unpublished), the URL of that link will just be "#".

Skybrud (where I work) have been in contact with Umbraco about this, but even though this behavior is a bit odd, it is not likely to be changed, since it has been around for quite some time, and some custom code might rely on it.

The solution would probably be to have some kind of event you can hook into, and decide in your own code how the link should look if the node isn't found. However I haven't had the time to look further into this, but my plan is to make a feature request for how this could work.

• Mads Jørgensen 74 posts 226 karma points
    Feb 25, 2014 @ 11:28
    Mads Jørgensen

Cheers guys, guess we must learn our customers to live with that flaky situation :-S

Try to mention the republish entire site. stuff...

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft