Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• JJ 41 posts 83 karma points
    Mar 20, 2014 @ 11:26
    JJ

Content/Media cache republish

I'm having trouble with Content & Media requiring to be republished to prevent null exceptions occuring normally after an app pool recycles or if I bring the database back to Dev to do more work on etc. 

Is there a neat way to clear the cache and auto-rebuild it from the DB please?

Cheers

PS Using 7.0.4

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Mar 20, 2014 @ 12:03
    Mar 20, 2014 @ 12:52
    JJ

Thanks. Is there an equivilent for media. I get lots of null exceptions when using Umbraco.Media(int).Url

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10091 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Mar 20, 2014 @ 12:53
    Ismail Mayat

Guys,

I thought media cache was from the internal index and in the past i have issues after website / app pool restart and i have just rebuilt internal index and that fixed fixed the issue? You can goto developer section and open up Examine managment tab open up internal indexer > tools then rebuild index.

Regards

Ismail

Mar 20, 2014 @ 13:28
    JJ

Ismail, that does work nicely in v6, but wont install for v7 for me.

For now, i have just deleted the ExamineIndex and have it rebuilt, but that's not ideal.

Perhaps on a null Umbraco.Media(int), the core should try rebuilding that part of the index?

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10091 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Mar 20, 2014 @ 14:31
    Ismail Mayat

JJ,

Why are you trying to install something? The examine management is part of the core? Unless you have tried to install my examine inspector package although that does not do rebuild and its definately not v7 compatible.

Regards

Ismail

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft