Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Stephen 94 posts 255 karma points
    Mar 21, 2014 @ 04:41
    Stephen

Creating new media types (Not showing in list)

Hi All,

I am guessing I am being super thick here.  But I can't get media type I create to appear when I create new media.

All I really want to do is create a new media type this is an image with a built-in cropper.

So I go to settings / media type, and I create a new media type.

I create a crop tab, add an upload and imagecropper.

Save it.

From what I can tell now I should be able to see this when I am in the media section adding new media.  All I can see is folder, image and file.

Please tell me, what am I missing here??

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 21, 2014 @ 08:06
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Stephen

On your new media type make sure to check the "Allow at root" in the structure tab. Then you can create the new media type by either right clicking on the "media" top folder or using the menu by clicking the "...".

Hope this helps.

/Jan

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 21, 2014 @ 08:08
    Jan Skovgaard

...If you don't want to create the new media type directly in the media section you should not set a check in "Allow at root" but rather go to the "Folder" media type in settings and in the structure tab make sure that your new media has been checked as well.

Then you can choose to create your custom new media type when you try to create something in the folder.

/Jan

• Dennis Aaen 4500 posts 18255 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Mar 21, 2014 @ 08:11
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Stephen,

You´re almost there, just need to give access to the new media type underneed the stucture tab. If you will like a structure where  the user need to add a folder first, before he or she can add your new media type. then go to the  settings / media type, choose the folder media type, and selcted the stucture tab, and then allow your new media type as children on folder media type.

I have mad a screenshot for version 7, but it´s the same for version 6.

/Dennis

• Stephen 94 posts 255 karma points
    Mar 21, 2014 @ 13:43
    Stephen

Thank you Jan and Dennis,

Yup, I had just missed out one simple step.  I had not added it to the "allowed child nodetypes" for the structure on the folder media type.

So obvious, but just could not see it.

Thanks again.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft