Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Carlos 338 posts 472 karma points
    Mar 27, 2014 @ 16:09
    Carlos

User permissions Send to Publish but need to Unpublish

We have user permissions set up for our Writers so they "Send for Approval" or "Send to Publish" which we have an approver to publish the website.  Which is great BUT we would like our Writers to have the ability to have the permission to Unpublish pages without having to send the Approver the an Unpublish email.

Is there a way to show the Writers the Unpublish button so they can Unpublish nodes, BUT in order to Publish they have to use the "Send to Approve"?

Thanks

Carlos

• Lee 35 posts 84 karma points
    Sep 15, 2014 @ 22:26
    Lee

I, too, would like to know if this is possilbe.  It seems not, but I'd be glad to be wrong about that.

Feb 17, 2016 @ 15:34
    Lee

The two-year anniversary of this question is coming up. Maybe someone will respond. Don't get your hopes up. The forum is a place to earn karma points; it is not a place to get actual help. Maybe I'll ask my question in a Drupal forum.

• Carlos Mosqueda 240 posts 431 karma points
    Feb 17, 2016 @ 15:56
    Carlos Mosqueda

Hi Lee,

I originally posted the question here. I took a look at some other replies you posted in the past hour.
    Looks like you have a bit of a beef with the forums in just about every reply. Went on bit of a rampage.

Granted forums are more of a community based area where most the answers would be answered by users and developers, not necessarily the Umbraco Team. Although I have seen less of them on the forums in the past couple of years. But with tons of questions and a core team of sometime like 10 people if that, I can see time constraints coming into play if the forum posts are not about breaking changes.

I would suggest any direct questions, bug or feature requests be directed at the Umbraco Issue Tracker website, http://issues.umbraco.org/issues.
    This is where the team tracks bugs, etc. And answers more server, controls and other related questions.

Granted, I did not get a reply to my questions here, but I let it go.
    I would like to know the answer, but I know I can just delve into the code myself and make it happen too since Umbraco is all open-source.

Feb 17, 2016 @ 16:14
    Lee

In other words, you agree with me that the forum is a waste of time.

Feb 17, 2016 @ 16:26
    Carlos Mosqueda

No, I would not agree. I have had plenty of questions answered on the forums in the past couple of years .

I would, in the future, if I had a question like this, go to the Tracker site instead because this is more core functionality of node publishing vs a general question.

It is up to your in your own thinking and outlook.

I can try to have you look at the good things the forums have brought. I have had many good questions answered or pointed in the right direction by many talented developers in my experience here on the forums over the past 6 years.

Everyone's experience or at least interpretation of their experience on any forum, not only here, is up to their own interpretation. I have had some questions not answered but like I said, many have been answered.

And if I did not get them answered, there are always sites like StackOverflow, or the Umbraco Tracker site where someone can lead me to an answer. Heck, it might not even be due to Umbraco itself if it is a server issue.

I don't see it as a bad thing, because I know there are other options and places to ask questions, and if I do find an answer to my question I post here on Our or other forum user questions, I can come back and post my answer, even if it is an answer to my own question so others can find their answers if they have issues themselves.

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Feb 17, 2016 @ 16:47
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi Lee,

Looking at your answers in this post and in others I'm not really inclined to help you out.

This forum is not a support desk. It is a tool for developers to help other developers. So it is possible that some posts go unanswered. Maybe because nobody knows the answer or you just formulated your question wrong.

If you want support from to Umbraco HQ team, there are options for that : http://umbraco.com/products-and-support

But to get back to the original question. I don't think it is possible, but I could be wrong. Also it sounds strange to me that user should be able to unpublish but not publish. What if this user unpublishes a page by mistake ? Then they have to sent a it for publish to the editor anyway.

Dave

Feb 17, 2016 @ 16:52
    Carlos Mosqueda

Hi Dave,

Yeh, originally this was my question I posted a couple of years ago. I don't have the login credentials to the account I created the question with, so I can't really close or delete the question. I don't know if we can "Close" questions here if we found answers on our own. Oh well.
    Feature request : )

It was just an question I had in the past, but don't need it anymore. I know the logic and the reasoning, just for our want at the time, we thought this might be a good idea. But, probably not.

Anyways, no futher discussion needed on the original question here.

::CLOSED

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft