Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rich Lee 26 posts 116 karma points
    Apr 01, 2014 @ 17:21
    Rich Lee

ExamineManagement - InternalMemberIndexer

I'm chasing a problem, and I'm seeing repeated errors in the log where I'm creating a new Member.

I'm creating the member with

var membershipUser = System.Web.Security.Membership.CreateUser(email, password, email);

And the logged error looks like:

014-04-01 16:01:49,253 [34] INFO  UmbracoExamine.DataServices.UmbracoLogService - [Thread 128] Field "id" is listed multiple times in the index set "InternalMemberIndexSet". Please ensure all names are unique, Provider=InternalMemberIndexer, NodeId=1264

When I look at the InternalMemberIndexr itself the User fields section has a huge number of fields set up, including the offending 'id'. Now my examineIndex.config file does NOT have those fields set up...

I can see this is just INFO, but I don't know if it's significant. Can anybody explain please if this matters, and how/why those additional User fields are included?

Cheers Rich

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10090 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Apr 01, 2014 @ 17:54
    Ismail Mayat

Rich,

The internal index was introduced so that in the members section you have members search think it all used to be db powered and therefore slower. Not sure why your getting id multiple times. What version of umbraco are you using?

Regards

Ismail

• Rich Lee 26 posts 116 karma points
    Apr 02, 2014 @ 10:45
    Rich Lee

Hi Ismail,

We're on 6.1.6, waiting on 6.2.0 to release ;)

I understand the benefits of using lucene for member searches, but I don't know why a whole bunch of other fields get included in the User Fields, and if it's a problem that there can be a double-up of indexes when the System fields get duped.

TBH I think my underlying problem in this specific instance is db-related: I just wanted to understand this issue if anybody has an insight...

Thx Rich

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft