Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nick Mendler 1 post 22 karma points
    May 01, 2014 @ 18:24
    Nick Mendler

Umbraco vs. Wordpress vs. Drupal Differences?

Hey Umbraco community my company is getting close to utilizing Umbraco for all of our Retail Store websites. I have been through presentation and love the backend CMS so far but I am just trying to understand the basic overall difference of Umbraco vs. a Wordpress or Drupal backend. Any insight or thoguhts for a newbie would be much appreciated! 

-Nick

• Mia Kro 2 posts 72 karma points
    Feb 14, 2020 @ 14:49
    Mia Kro

Hi Nick,

Welcome to Umbraco!

One of the biggest differences between Umbraco and just about any other CMS, is the high level of customization allowed in the Umbraco backoffice. There really are few limitations and that allows developers to create a backend experience that is tailored to the unique needs of any organization/business.

You are going to love it!

Cheers, Mia

• Ken Burcham 9 posts 100 karma points c-trib
    Feb 14, 2020 @ 22:31
    Ken Burcham

Hi Nick,

I'm new to Umbraco and just dove into the tutorials this week as a way to learn how it works. And as Mia says, it is astonishingly configurable and pretty easy to extend, at that.

I've built dozens of WordPress sites over the years, so I'm a bit reluctant to jump into a different CMS. But I'm leaning toward using Umbraco for a big upcoming project for these reasons:

1. It isn't PHP ;)

2. Much of the custom post type/field type stuff that is supported via various plugins that all handle it differently in WP are just built in and very well done in Umb.

3. The editor experience seems to be excellent. This is an important requirement for this project.

4. It is c#/AngularJS which I am very familiar with and is very powerful.

I also found this article when I was researching: https://uskinned.net/blog/posts/2018/november/umbraco-vs-wordpress/

Good luck with your learnings! ken.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft