Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Fredrik 41 posts 161 karma points
    Nov 02, 2009 @ 10:15
    Fredrik

Uploading images in RTE throw error

Hello! I am getting an error when I press save after uploading a image from PC in RTE.(error below with stacktrace)

I think it's something about umbraco showing thumb of the picture I upload since it's exactly when I press save it occure, and the image will still be saved in Mediasection.

Server Error in '/' Application.

Input string was not in a correct format.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.]
       System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal) +10162339
       System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info) +207
       umbraco.editorControls.uploadField.Save() +2452
       umbraco.dialogs.uploadImage.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +931
       System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +25
       System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +42
       System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +132
       umbraco.BasePages.BasePage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +21
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +66
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2428

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.4016; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.4016

Best regards,
    Fredrik

Nov 02, 2009 @ 10:16
    Fredrik

Using Umbraco 4.0.2.1 **Where's the edit button?**

• dandrayne 1138 posts 2262 karma points
    Nov 02, 2009 @ 10:51
    dandrayne

Do you have a multiple file uploader package installed?  I've seen this error when using the in-editor insert image button with the Noerd multiple file uploader.

Nov 02, 2009 @ 10:53
    Fredrik

I do have Noerd Multiple file uploader installed. Think I gotta remove it or edit some of it? Client find that package a blessing for uploading ;)

regards,

Fredrik

Nov 02, 2009 @ 11:27
    dandrayne

Try this, maybe after backing up your db

• in the CmsDataType table, find the record with a controlId that begins with "accb9911" - this is the multiplefileuploader
    • get the NodeId fromt this record
    • In the CmsDataTypePreValues table, go to the line that deals with multiplefileupload (it will show the path to the usercontrol
    • This will have a datatype node ID of 0.  Set it to be the node ID taken from the CmsDataType table

Good luck!
    Dan

Nov 02, 2009 @ 11:50
    Fredrik

Thanks alot for help Dan!(rhyme well on Dan the man ;) ), will give update on how it went soon.

Fredrik

Nov 02, 2009 @ 14:49
    Fredrik

I can't find "accb9911" in there @ all. Using SQL Server 2005.

regards,
    Fredrik

Nov 02, 2009 @ 15:22
    dandrayne

Hmm, it should be...  In the source this is it

public partial class usercontrols_MultipleFileUpload_Installer : UserControl{private const string DATATYPE_NAME = "Multiple File Upload";private static readonly Guid DATATYPE_UID = new Guid("ACCB9911-CD81-4B17-AF3F-446CEB1DBF0D");

I can't see of any other way to get the GUID of a package without looking through the source.  This fix has definitely worked on the 6 or so sites we added the otherwise excelllent nord package to, and for us the GUID seems to always be the same.  http://imgur.com/fWOQo.gif

Dan

We're using SQL server express, but as the GUID seems to be in the code I can't see this being db-dependent.

Nov 02, 2009 @ 16:11
    Fredrik

Ohh yes, it's working!! Thank you alot Dan the man :)

Cheers,
    Fredrik

Nov 02, 2009 @ 16:55
    dandrayne

Heh, credit goes to my colleague Emanuel.  Glad you got it sorted.

• sai 5 posts 24 karma points
    Nov 18, 2009 @ 18:00
    sai

Thank you ever so much! :)  Just what i needed!

• Stefan Kip 1614 posts 4131 karma points c-trib
    Nov 18, 2009 @ 19:33
    Stefan Kip

Thanks a lot for this! Was experiencing the same problem!

• Gerben 41 posts 136 karma points
    Jul 07, 2010 @ 09:45
    Gerben

Works for me to! Thanks!

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5044 posts 15475 karma points MVP admin hq
    Aug 31, 2010 @ 13:41
    Sebastiaan Janssen

In other words, run this query:

UPDATE cmsDataTypePreValues
    SET dataTypeNodeId = (SELECT NodeId FROM cmsDataType where controlid = 'ACCB9911-CD81-4B17-AF3F-446CEB1DBF0D')
    WHERE value = '~/usercontrols/MultipleFileUpload/MultipleFileUpload.ascx'
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft