Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• cmwalolo 26 posts 26 karma points
    Nov 07, 2009 @ 23:05
    cmwalolo

Admin error

I just copied my files on my server, and everything is going well on the frontend... I'm trying to go into the admin site, and there surprise nothing is working. I can login, and then nothing anymore... On any panel I click, I only view the root elements. If I run the admin from my local machine with the connection to the production database and it's OK.

In the logging table I found such things :  I already changed some read/writes permissions on the data and umbraco directories but no help. So any advice is welcome ?

At /umbraco/developer/packages/BrowseRepository.aspx?repoGuid=65194810-1f85-11dd-bd0b-0800200c9a66 (Referred by: http://localhost:1234/umbraco/TreeInit.aspx?app=developer): System.ObjectDisposedException: Cannot write to a closed TextWriter.
       at System.IO.__Error.WriterClosed()
       at System.IO.StreamWriter.Flush(Boolean flushStream, Boolean flushEncoder)
       at System.IO.StreamWriter.Flush()
       at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.packager.Settings.HasFileAccess(Exception& exp)
       at umbraco.presentation.developer.packages.BrowseRepository.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
       at umbraco.BasePages.BasePage.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Nov 07, 2009 @ 23:06
    cmwalolo

Euh I just noticed that the error is from my local thing... So I bet that there is no logging from the production server. But I can login on the admin so the DB is definitiely accessible.

Nov 08, 2009 @ 12:36
    cmwalolo

Ok, I had to reset the permissions on the bin directory.... Strange things happens there !!!

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Nov 08, 2009 @ 15:31
    Dirk De Grave

Copying files may change permissions settings on any folder of the umbraco installation. Apparently, you've found the solution as re-applying permission settings is what's required.

Cheers,

/Dirk

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft