Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• sg 33 posts 83 karma points
    May 14, 2014 @ 22:28
    sg

Context menu hiding search section below! Please help!!

I have 9 items in the context menu in the header and right below it I have the Search Text box and Search Button section. The Search section has a header and some text. When I resize the page to a smaller size the top context menu shows up vertically and the search section looks fine. But when i resize the page to maximum to fit the size of the monitor, the context menu lays out horizontally and covers part of the Search Section. So the header text and half of the search textbox is hidden underneath. I have no idea how to resolve this. Please Please help!

I can send any snapshots if that would help.

Thanks

Shilpi

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 15, 2014 @ 09:20
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi SG and welcome to our :)

Please post some screendumps of the issue and perhaps also some CSS if possible.

The best thing would be a link to the site since that will probably make it easier to figure out where things go wrong. But it's kinda hard if you're doing some local development of course. But you could try using http://meetfinch.com for url forwarding then.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

/Jan

May 15, 2014 @ 16:49
    sg

Hi Jan,

Thanks so much for the quick reply I am very new to umbraco probably second day of umbraco work.

This is the website:

http://stage.tidc.texas.gov/

I can send you more snap shots if you would like via email.

Thanks thanks so much for your help!

Shilpi

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 15, 2014 @ 16:59
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Shilpi

If the issue is only related to the rendering of the frontend then it does really not have anything to do with Umbraco.

Then it's most likely an issue with your styling and perhaps javascript depending on how your site is build etc.

Make sure to run it through the http://validator.w3.org to make sure that the HTML is valid and do the same for the CSS as well. Ensuring there are no issues with the syntax is the first step in bughunting making sure it all behaves nicely.

Unfortunately I'm not able to access the url you provided above - Perhaps it's not accessible from outside your office?

If you have some screendumps then please do share them in this post - As much as I like to help I don't want to give up my personal e-mail address - Besides someone of the other bright minds in here could maybe be answering your issue quicker than me :)

/Jan

May 15, 2014 @ 17:10
    sg

Jan,

I sent you the screen shots in response to your email from yahoo. I wonder if you got them?

Can i attach screen shots in this post?

Thanks

Shilpi

May 15, 2014 @ 17:17
    sg

webpage when smaller size

May 15, 2014 @ 17:21
    sg

webpage when expanded

Please Sign in or register to post replies