Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Scott Anderson 18 posts 51 karma points
    May 19, 2014 @ 07:34
    Scott Anderson

When copying Node content, how can I copy the images also

Using Umbraco 6.1.6

I have a multi-lingual site with each language site set up as a root content element. See screenshot.

All the images in Media are also structured the same way with a folder for each language in Media root. See screenshot.

We have this structure, in particular a copy of each image per language, because we have separate admin logins for each language and we only want that admin user to be able to edit content and Media in their own language.

We are populating the site by creating the English version, in full, first and then copying the Node content (right-click on Node and then Copy) to copy the content for each language but this doesn't automatically make a copy of the image referenced in that Node content.

Is there any way (even via code) that we could have the Node copy also copy the images?

The paths to those images would need to be updated within the node content also.

Thanks, Scott.

• Dennis Aaen 4500 posts 18255 karma points admin hq c-trib
    May 19, 2014 @ 10:01
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Scott and welcome to our,

It´s not possible out of the box in Umbraco, but Tim has the same needs as you, and therefore he has created at package named.

AttackMonkey Media Copy: http://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/attackmonkey-media-copy

As I can see the pakages was made for Umbraco 4.5+, If you want to try this package for your Umbraco 6.1.6, I would recommend you to try it on a development environment, to check if the package would works as expected.

Maybe other users know some similar packages.

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

• Scott Anderson 18 posts 51 karma points
    May 19, 2014 @ 23:59
    Scott Anderson

Thanks Dennis

That may be handy for copying images but I was hoping to find a way to have the images automatically copied when the Node is copied.

Or even if I copy the images manually I then need a way to update all the image URLs in the Node content with the new path.

E.g.   In English node:   /Media/en/image1.jpg

to Japan node:     /Media/jp/image1.jpg

Cheers

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft