Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Brian McNally 13 posts 91 karma points
    May 22, 2014 @ 21:51
    Brian McNally

Member AutoLogon options

Somewhat new to Umbraco and building out our new site on Umbraco 7. We need to be able to link out from our software products into a private member site without having to enter their username and password. All people accessing through this route will be using the same general member account. So on the software product side this is just hard coded link to a secured subdirectory on our site. (http://OURSITE.com/Customers/)

I have setup the member group and account and locked down the directory to the correct member group. I just don't know the best way to go about this. On our previous DotNetNuke site, this was achieved through a super hacky 3rd party module that used tokens in the querystring to achieve this "handshake" then the customer would be logged in and on the page they needed.

I hope this makes sense the way I've explained it. Essentially, I'm wondering if there is any way to create a URL with query strings of some sort to log in members automatically. Or if I can create some hidden pages that would accomplish this. Or any other ideas on how to achieve this.

Thanks and please let me know if I can expand on this.

• Charles Afford 1163 posts 1709 karma points
    May 26, 2014 @ 20:52
    Charles Afford

Hi can you explain a bit more :).

When you say 'member' do you mean an 'umbraco7 user' or a 'website member'

Why do you have to have this requirement?

It sounds a bit exposed in terms of secuirty.

Thanks,

Charlie 

• Brian McNally 13 posts 91 karma points
    May 28, 2014 @ 20:34
    Brian McNally

Hi Charlie, thanks for the reply, I thought I had removed this post as I found a solution to my problem. I meant a 'website member'

I had to accomodate on our new site for existing links from a previous site. So 'www.oursite.com/page.html?Id=xxx?token=xxxxx'

on older DNN site this would trigger an 'autologon'. I was able to recreate the path in umbraco and built a simple asp.net/c# page with a code behind to pull the querystring parameters and log them in and send them off to the new umbraco page.

` System.Web.Security.FormsAuthentication.SetAuthCookie("MEMBERNAME", false);
                    Response.Redirect("~/newpage/");

• Charles Afford 1163 posts 1709 karma points
    May 28, 2014 @ 20:37
    Charles Afford

Ahhhh i see :).  Glad you got the solution :).  Please mark this as complete.  Charlie

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft