Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Bent Holz 100 posts 273 karma points
    May 27, 2014 @ 11:22
    Bent Holz

Value cannot be null. Parameter name: refresher

I'm having problems... Suddenly I can't update, create or publish pages. Just getting the below error.

If i go into page properties under "link" it just says "Oops: this document is published but is not in the cache (internal error)"...

Help me Obi Wan...

Cheers Crawn

[ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: refresher]
       Umbraco.Core.Sync.DefaultServerMessenger.PerformRefresh(IEnumerable`1 servers, ICacheRefresher refresher, Func`2 getNumericId, T[] instances) +278
       Umbraco.Web.Cache.DistributedCache.Refresh(Guid factoryGuid, Func`2 getNumericId, T[] instances) +192
       Umbraco.Web.Cache.DistributedCacheExtensions.RefreshUnpublishedPageCache(DistributedCache dc, IContent[] content) +202
       Umbraco.Web.Cache.CacheRefresherEventHandler.ContentServiceSaved(IContentService sender, SaveEventArgs`1 e) +198
       Umbraco.Core.Events.EventExtensions.RaiseEvent(TypedEventHandler`2 eventHandler, TArgs args, TSender sender) +16
       Umbraco.Core.Services.ContentService.SaveAndPublishDo(IContent content, Int32 userId, Boolean raiseEvents) +817
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.web.Document.SaveAndPublishWithResult(User u) +366
       umbraco.cms.presentation.editContent.Publish(Object sender, EventArgs e) +75
       umbraco.controls.ContentControl.DoSaveAndPublish(Object sender, ImageClickEventArgs e) +75
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.OnClick(ImageClickEventArgs e) +115
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +124
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +10
       System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13
       System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +35
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1724
  • Charles Afford 1163 posts 1709 karma points
    May 27, 2014 @ 19:20
    Charles Afford

Hi i had the same problem recently.  I think it was to do with the IUSR permission on the app data folder :).

Charlie

May 27, 2014 @ 19:44
    Bent Holz

Uhmmm thx I think... any way you can translate that into english?!?! :)

Cheers

May 27, 2014 @ 19:57
    Charles Afford

In the root of your project you will have all your folders.

Css

Templates

Umbraco

Static

Somewhere in there will be a folder called App_Data

right click on the folder and click properties

click the secuirty tab

In the: Group and usernames box should be IUSR and in the permissions box below he should have: Full access

If the IUSR is not in the Group and username box:

Click Edit

Click Add

In the Add names box type: IUSR

and press return

The IUSR should now be in the group box

Click on the IUSR 

In the permissions box below click on full access.

Click Apply

Try saving the content again :).

need any more help just ask :).

Charlie

May 28, 2014 @ 08:24
    Bent Holz

Thx, but i do not have access/permission to the server in the way you suggest... But somehow with magic(?!?) it now works... Have absolutely no idea what it was. I tried several times restarting PC and then it just worked... 

Maby a server glitch!?!?...

Thx for your time and answer

Cheers...

May 28, 2014 @ 09:35
    Charles Afford

Ok great :).  Did you check the permissions though?  Could you mark this a complete?  Thanks,  Charlie :)

May 28, 2014 @ 16:38
    Bent Holz

Already did :)

May 28, 2014 @ 20:39
    Charles Afford

yaaaaaaa :D.  

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft