Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ayo Adesina 432 posts 1025 karma points
    May 28, 2014 @ 23:18
    Ayo Adesina

How to do more than manage content

Hey Guys, I have an OK handle on document types, templates and generally how umbraco works, and I can use it to create a fairly flexible system to control the content, but now I want to do more with umbraco.

For example I want to create a simple system where a user can enter a serial number click a submit button then I want display a record in a database. I also want a site admin to be able to login to umbraco back end and manage the records in the database, i.e CRUD. In the past I have done this using the nodes in umbraco and every node represented a record, this was ok for that implementation because I would have a max of say 300 records, but this time I have thousands.

Where can I find information on developing applications that do more than just CMS with umbraco. Should I be using user controls in back end to interact with the database and what is the best approach to get the data out again on the front end.

I want to build solid applications with all the principles of SOLID... how can umbraco fit in to all of this?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft