Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Hugo Migneron 32 posts 105 karma points
    Jun 09, 2014 @ 20:31
    Hugo Migneron

Document Type property order

Hi,

I have an existing Document Type with two properties : Prop1 and Prop2. There are existing nodes on my site that use that document type.

I now need to modify that document type by adding a new property to it : "NewProp". I have no problem adding it to the document type, but I would like for the new property to appear before Prop1 and Prop2 in the edit form. I can set the order in the document type without any problems : 

When I edit or create content using that document type though, the properties are not in the right order. NewProp should appear before Prop1 but doesn't : 

This is the case for new or existing content.

I peeked in the database and looked at the cmsPropertyType table and the sortOrder for my properties are OK (newProp = 1, Prop1 = 2, Prop2 = 3) and yet they still appear in the wrong order.

What am I doing wrong? Using Umbraco 6.1.5

Thanks a lot!

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jun 20, 2014 @ 19:33
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Hugo

I assume that you did remember to hit the "Save" icon when you added the new property, right? (Just checking - I have forgot to hit it more than once ;-)).

Do you see any messages in the console log of your browser when trying to change the order of the properties?

/Jan

Jun 20, 2014 @ 20:18
    Hugo Migneron

Hi Jan and thanks for your reply.

Yes I did click the save button. And when I go back to the "Generic Properties" tab for the document type, the order is saved correctly (and persists after a page change). It really only is when I edit content that the order is not respected.

There are no messages in the console and I can reproduce on 2 separate installs (on my dev instance and on the production instance) and with different document types.

Some extra information : if I create a new tab in the document type and put the properties there, I can then re-order them as I wish and the order is respected when I create content. I only see the problem with the order when the properties are in the defautl "Properties" tab.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jun 20, 2014 @ 20:34
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Hugo

Could it be an option trying to upgrade to 6.1.6 and see if that fixes the issue? Seems like a bug that I think may have been fixed in this release.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Jun 20, 2014 @ 20:38
    Hugo Migneron

OK thanks. Upgrading was definitely in our plan and it will happen fairly soon. The bug I describe is not a showstopper (or not enough for us to upgrade right this second) but I will update this thread once I do upgrade.

Thanks for your help

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft