Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Bent Holz 100 posts 273 karma points
    Jun 17, 2014 @ 21:50
    Bent Holz

Umbraco 6.2.1 won't always save changes...

I just created a fresh install of Umbraco 6.2.1 and I'm having problems with Umbraco not saving things like style or template changes... I'v been trying to recreate the error but cnaøt figure out what the problems is.

Some times it saves and sometimes it doesn't - even though the "pop-up" clearly states "Stylesheet saved without any errors"...

Anyone else having these problems?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jun 20, 2014 @ 17:56
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Crawn

Not sure what the issue could be but perhaps looking at the /app_data/logs file could reveal some useful information?

What browser are you using?

And is there a specific reason why you're editing the code within Umbraco rather than using an external editor?

/Jan

• Bent Holz 100 posts 273 karma points
    Jun 23, 2014 @ 15:04
    Bent Holz

Hi Jan...

Don't know why this is happening. It happens on different browsers and on both Mac and PC... Think i'll do a re-install and see if that solves anything. 

I'm also having problems with not being able to edit the code, if I just saved it. Then I need to click some where else like in the setting tree...

Why not edit CSS or templates directly in Umbraco?!?

/Crawn

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jun 23, 2014 @ 21:51
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Crawn

Ok, please let us know how the re-installation goes.

Well Umbraco is a CMS not a code editor and the IDE is not really that great. But it's good enough for when you need to do those minor quick fixes. But usually you're way better of using proper editors like visual studio, sublime text, textmate or whatever editor you prefer to edit your .css, .js, .xslt and .cshtml files since they have support for code completion, themes, font size and some of them feature intellisense etc.

And then you don't have to struggle with weird save issues like the one you're experiencing above ;-) - I'm not saying the issue should not be fixed but editing code in Umbraco should not be the preferred way of doing it in my humble opinion - To me it's like doing a steak using a toaster :)

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft