Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• xme 22 posts 84 karma points
    Jun 19, 2014 @ 20:48
    xme

ColorPicker like "umbracoNaviHide" or Property Editor value

Hello,

is there currently an Umbraco code convention to add the ColorPicker property with an alias to datatypes - similar to umbracoNaviHide?
    What is the recommended method to add ColorPicker parameters in the Property Editor section for datatypes?

Kind regards

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jun 20, 2014 @ 17:32
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Xme

When using the color-picker you can just use your own custom alias for the property on your document type. There is no special alias that it needs to use.

What version are you using and are you having issues adding colors that can be picked or does the property editor not render or is it something else that is bugging you?

/Jan

• xme 22 posts 84 karma points
    Jun 21, 2014 @ 11:28
    xme

Dear /Jan,

I am enjoying Umbraco and I am having zero issues when it is installed - currently version 7.1.1.

I am just testing all the datatypes and I am thinking about were and if it would make sense to add styling possibilites. ( I have seen this was implemented in previous versions under Templates-section.)

F.e. First I thought about the 3rd button under Content-Section - Like Style, Preview, Publish and Save.
    Then I thought, start easy! What is the closest solution. This is the ColorPicker/Approved Colors like "umbracoNaviHide" for certain datatypes or as parameter for datatypes - because for macros u can also add parameters easily, right. I asked myself, did I miss something? RTE is so flexible, f.e..

I see there are many ways.

I hope I understood the AngularJS and Razor stuff. I am starting with coding tests today.

I wish you a nice weekend!

Thank you
    xme

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft