Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Daniel Nøhr 14 posts 35 karma points
    Nov 19, 2009 @ 10:20
    Daniel Nøhr

How to use Media library for user upload

Hello..

I was wondering how to use the Umbraco media library for a user upload function. I've got a user page where the user can create a page node.. This page node, needs to be extended with some user uploads, like pictures..

Would you recommend this setup for getting user submitted content or should I use another folder and my custom library instead? This is NOT from the umbraco administration, but the client page, at frontend.

Hopefully some of you, have been working for such a solution :-)

Nov 20, 2009 @ 07:50
    Daniel Nøhr

bump :)

• Shaun 248 posts 475 karma points
    Nov 20, 2009 @ 11:40
    Shaun

I would be tempted to create a new user that only has access to that particular page, then allow them to create subnodes from that page, each containing a media item, using the standard umbraco admin.

However that may not suit your site as you may have a huge number of potential uploaders, so the alternative I'd look into would be building a new .Net control that you can slap onto the relevant template as a macro.

The control could then contain a file upload field and would ftp the files into the media library using the umbraco api. You could create a new folder for generic uploads in the media library and point it to that.

I've not done this myself, but a starting point might be here - http://forum.umbraco.org/yaf_postst2317_File-repository.aspx

Nov 24, 2009 @ 14:32
    Daniel Nøhr

Thanks for the link Shaun.

I think I just create my own file depot for my node images, because i won't let my users into my umbraco administration for a simple upload.

Anyway, your answer will get the proved status :-)

• dandrayne 1138 posts 2262 karma points
    Nov 24, 2009 @ 14:39
    dandrayne

You could also use Doc2Form for both creating the node and uploading images (via an image upload data type on the document used to create a Doc2Form form)

Dan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft