Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Suvarna 10 posts 30 karma points
    Nov 20, 2009 @ 11:23
    Suvarna

How to set alternate template for the node

Hi,

In my project i have two modes called zakeljik & consument. For each mode there are different UI. I have set one session variable for this mode programmatically. I have two template for each mode. Now for one node i want to apply alternate template depending on mode. Can anyone tell me any solution for this?

Thanks in advance

Thanks,

Suvarna

• dandrayne 1138 posts 2262 karma points
    Nov 20, 2009 @ 11:49
    dandrayne

I'm not sure if I completely understand the motive, but you can set templates as follows: If you have a page at page.aspx and a template called "template", you can apply the template via the url

e.g. 

page.aspx - standard template
    page.aspx?altTemplate=template - new template

and

page/template.aspx

Hope this starts you in the right direction

• Chris Koiak 700 posts 2626 karma points
    Nov 20, 2009 @ 17:55
    Chris Koiak

You can achieve what you want with alternative templates, but I think it'd be worthwhile investigating an alternative master page approach. You would programatically change the master page (overall look and feel) without changing the actual template.

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/developers/api-questions/3687-dynamic-master-page

• Suvarna 10 posts 30 karma points
    Nov 24, 2009 @ 07:51
    Suvarna

Hi , thanks for the reply. in my queries for the mode i have one link. for first click i want to apply one template and for another click i want to apply different template for the sam enode. where exactly i will use this "page.aspx?altTemplate=template - new template"

or how can i do this programmatically?

Thanks,

Suvarna

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft