Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Amir Khan 1282 posts 2739 karma points
    Jul 10, 2014 @ 20:53
    Amir Khan

RTE adding querystring to images, sometimes breaking links

Has anyone else experienced an issue in Umbraco 7.1.x where adding an image via RTE causes a querystring to be added to the url for height and width such as ".gif?width=295&height=93", which causes a 404 from the server?

-Amir

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jul 11, 2014 @ 11:01
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Amir

Is this something you have seen on all patch releases of 7.1? Or is it a specific patch? I have not seen it myself but perhaps others have? Have you checked the issue tracker to see if it's been reported?

What packages are you using on the installation?

/Jan

• Amir Khan 1282 posts 2739 karma points
    Jul 11, 2014 @ 15:44
    Amir Khan

Hi Jan,

I'm only experiencing it on Umbraco version 7.1.4 assembly: 1.0.5261.28127, I don't see anything in the issue tracker pertaining to this, this is unrelated to the known "insert multiple images" issue I think.

Here are the packages, hopefully this offers some insight? What's weird is that it SOMETIMES breaks the link, but not always. I'm not sure why the server would sometimes return an image with a query string and sometimes not...

-Amir

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jul 11, 2014 @ 16:46
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Amir

How about the trace log? Does it reveal anything?

Is it possible for you to make a clean installation of 7.1.4 and do a test setting up a basic version of your current site where you install the packages one at a time or something?

From the above list I would perhaps try to leave out uBlogsy and ImageGen - But I have no evidence that one of those could be to blame. I'm just going for some trial and error. And since it's something that is randomly being added to images I think ImageGen and uBlogsy are worth to omit and see if that makes the behaviour stop.

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft