Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Bradley Kronson 62 posts 113 karma points
    Jul 11, 2014 @ 15:56
    Bradley Kronson

Back Office users being disabled at random

What would cause a backoffice user to be disabled without being specifically marked as "disable umbraco access" in the user admin ?

I have a number of users whose are accounts are being set to "disable umbraco access" without anyone actually doing anything

Any ideas?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jul 11, 2014 @ 16:41
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Bradley

What version of Umbraco are you using? Which packages are installed and has there been any custom Umbraco API integrations of any kind? And has this been an issue all along or has it just started to happen recently?

/Jan

Jul 11, 2014 @ 21:38
    Bradley Kronson

The site is running Umbraco 6.2.1

Installed packages: Date Folders, Image Cropper Enhanced, Optimus, Tru Color Picker, uComponents, uShare.

There has been plenty of custom API integration, but none that addresses the Users in Umbraco

Its been an intermittent problem for several weeks, probably since I upgraded to 6.2.1 (from 6.1.6) now that I think about it 

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jul 14, 2014 @ 11:08
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Bradley

Hmm ok...that sounds weird - Not sure if it could be related to some of the changes that's done to the membership providers in 6.2.x - But that really should just concern members - Not users.

What does the /app_data/logs file reveal? Any errors starting to pop up from the time of the upgrade?

/Jan

Jul 14, 2014 @ 20:08
    Bradley Kronson

Hi Jan,

Thanks again for the response. Must say I am quite perplexed myself, can't see anything that would cause this to happen

There were bunch of SQ deadlock errors, but I have  resolved this with Shannon - I have not been able to ship this to production yet, waiting for the next release of 6.2.2 to do this

http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-5069

I'm also seeing some SQL time outs, but I think this is related to the server being underpowered - this is being addressed right now with an upgrade.

Brad

• Simon Dingley 1470 posts 3427 karma points c-trib
    Mar 19, 2018 @ 16:40
    Simon Dingley

I have a report of this behaviour from a customer in a v7 site. Wondering if you ever found the source of the issue?

Mar 20, 2018 @ 14:41
    Bradley Kronson

Nope, sorry

• Simon Dingley 1470 posts 3427 karma points c-trib
    Mar 20, 2018 @ 14:47
    Simon Dingley

ok thanks. I've created a new thread for my topic here if you are interested:

https://our.umbraco.org/forum/using-umbraco-and-getting-started/91188-umbraco-access-randomly-disabled-on-user-accounts

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft