Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Carlos 338 posts 472 karma points
    Jul 11, 2014 @ 18:53
    Carlos

Any Tutorials on building an Umbraco site and integrating Angular JS?

Hi Umbraco admins.

I was wondering if you had any or were planning any tutorials on how to build a website using Umbraco and Angular JS. I kind of figured that since Umbraco 7 utilzes Angular JS on it's backoffice, maybe there could be a few tutorials on how to use Angular JS to build websites on the front end as well so we don't get jumping page refreshes and we can leverage Angular JS to render the content on our pages.

I know how to build Umbraco sites, but would love to see the Angular JS side of things. I am just starting to dig into Angular JS, but would love to see some examples on how it could integrate into Umbraco to build pages, fetch nodes, etc.

Thanks.

• Dan 1285 posts 3917 karma points c-trib
    Jul 13, 2014 @ 10:26
    Dan

Hi Carlos,

I'm not aware of any tutorials which are geared towards using Angular to interact with Umbraco on a front-end site specifically, but I think this is because there's nothing 'special' about Angular when it's used with Umbraco. If I were you I'd look at some general Angular tutorials (https://egghead.io/ is a great resource but there are many others) then have a good look through the Umbraco Service API documentation, and possibly also watch Morten Christensen's Codegarden '14 talk where he runs through all of the service APIs and what they do.

With a solid understanding of Angular and the Umbraco APIs it should make sense how the two fit together.

• Martin Amsinck Andersen 17 posts 103 karma points
    Sep 02, 2015 @ 18:02
    Martin Amsinck Andersen

Old post, but if anyone needs it, this is a good place to start

• blackhawk 313 posts 1368 karma points
    Sep 19, 2017 @ 14:10
    blackhawk

The article posted by @MartinAmsinck is a good start if I were using an older version 7 of Umbraco.

Any newer tutorials on using AngularJs for Umbraco 7.6 and up?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft