Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Laura DiPiazza 13 posts 33 karma points
    Jul 15, 2014 @ 19:25
    Laura DiPiazza

login

when I go to "/umbraco/" on my site it redirects to /umbraco/login.aspx?redir=%2fumbraco%2f

and will not accept my admin password. This behavior is recent. The site was working fine in the past. Any suggestions?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jul 16, 2014 @ 12:31
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Laura

What version of Umbraco are you using?

And are you connetec to a VPN connection when trying to login?

/Jan

Jul 16, 2014 @ 19:13
    Laura DiPiazza

Hi Thank you for your response. I am running 6.16. I managed to be successful logging in by doing the following.

• I took a copy of the production database and created a new instance on my development server.
    • updated the db connection strings in the web.config
    • ran the site locally and logged in.

I'm not sure what happened to my previous db. I can still try to debug it, but I'd rather have a fresh copy of the site. I did notice a new issue doing this. I deleted the umbraco.config file and republished and I also refreshed the Media folder from the one on the production server. I republished and a lot of the images are broken. Viewing the page source, it doesn't seem to be referencing the proper nodes and paths.

Is there another file that needs to be replaced?

Thank you!

update: I am going to just try to manually correct all of the problems. This is no longer urgent, but it would still be nice to know what I missed if there are additional steps. Thank you.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jul 17, 2014 @ 10:55
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Laura

Ok, that's sounds like a weird issue but glad you managed to get it fixed. If you should ever encounter it again make sure to read the entire post here http://our.umbraco.org/forum/using/ui-questions/4790-ouch-forgot-admin-password-how-to-reset where people share how the password can be changed in the database.

Regarding the images - Have you copied the media folder from the local setup to your server? If not that's probably why it's failing unless some custom API stuff is messing it up I think.

/Jan

Jul 17, 2014 @ 17:46
    Laura DiPiazza

Great, thank you! I did try that post and for some reason I did not have luck. Anyway I appreciate the support/response!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft