Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jul 21, 2014 @ 11:10
    Jan Skovgaard

Login protected area issues

Hi Guys

Currently pulling my hair over a weird issue on an Umbraco 4.11.8 installation.

We have a login protected area on the website where members can login to write some messages or change their profile.

When they write a message there is a group of people who will get an e-mail about it and from that e-mail they can click a link to respond to the group. If you're logged in you will see the message center immediately. However if you're not logged in you should see the login screen. And this is where the issue is.

The path to the message center is like this: /my-profile/messages?topicid=13019

If a user is not logged in and clicks the link to the specific message the user is shown an error 404 page rather than being redirected to the login screen.

If I try to access the /my-profile page not being logged in I'm seeing the login-screen.

In the backoffice public access has been set on the /my-profile node using role based protection and the login and error messages are configured to point to the login page - These settings are of course inherited to the child-nodes of /my-profile. But obviously something is not acting right here since child-nodes don't get the login screen if you try to access them.

I tried setting the same public access specifically on the /messages node but it does not help.

Does anyone of you have a workaround for this issue?

Cheers, Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft