Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Barbacan 29 posts 79 karma points
    Jul 22, 2014 @ 17:19
    Barbacan

Best way to create a photogallery? ideas?

Hi guys, in my site I would create a photogallery manageable from the Umbraco backend. In this case I'm not asking anything tech-related but just an opinion how to implement it.
    I've thought two cases:

- Most user friendly: user put a title, short description, date and then upload all the images for the gallery. The system will create thumbnail on the fly with ImageResize or something like that.
    - Less user friendly: user put a title, short description, date then move to Media section, create a folder for the gallery, upload files then back and create a refecente on that gallery (content picker?)

Which is the best implemenation in your opinion? I like the first, but I would need a component that allow user to mass upload the images.

thanks a lot!
    Alberto

PS: I'm using 6.2.1

• David Peck 687 posts 1863 karma points c-trib
    Jul 25, 2014 @ 12:51
    David Peck

I'd personally leave the Media section alone. I'd have a content item called Gallery, and beneath that I'd have child content items called Gallery Item. Any titles/descriptions would be placed within the Gallery and Gallery Item, and the Gallery Item would either have a Media Picker and/or Upload.

For image resizing checkout CropUp for V6 and V7 have an equivilent in built.

• Charles Afford 1163 posts 1709 karma points
    Jul 28, 2014 @ 19:32
    Charles Afford

That seems like a good implementation to me :)

Cropup us great :)

Jul 29, 2014 @ 13:18
    Barbacan

Thanks a lot for the answer. At the beginning of this project I thought that the first solution I set was the best one but my main problem to achieve is how to upload multiple files as I actually do in Media section. I thought about projects such Multiple Files Uploader of GekoUpload but with 6.2.1 no one seems to work fine. That's why the easiest way for me was to adopot the secon solution, so first upload all the files and then link the folder to my item.

Someone could give me a tips how (if is possible) to achieve the multiple upload with DAMP?

Jul 29, 2014 @ 13:29
    David Peck

Don't know about if it's possible with DAMP.

Maybe use this?: http://our.umbraco.org/projects/website-utilities/desktop-media-uploader

Jul 29, 2014 @ 14:42
    Barbacan

Concerning the latest security issue, I had to disable the swf of DMU. Anyone tried to use Multiple File Upload with success?

Jul 29, 2014 @ 16:31
    David Peck

There is that, but the alert states:

Impact of deleting this file: you won't be able to install Desktop Media Uploader from the backoffice any more, it can still be installed by installing the umbraco\Dashboard\air\DesktopMediaUploader.air file.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft