Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dany Wu 81 posts 114 karma points
    Nov 23, 2009 @ 21:18
    Dany Wu

Flaky "context" menu in content tree

Hi folks, I'm not sure if anyone has had this problem but it has caught me out many times, and is a royal pain. This occurs on every minor versions of Umbraco 4 I have out there.

I have a Guestbook functionality that allows the site admins to review an entry before publishing/rejecting. The workflow is:

1. Select an entry
    2. Review content
    3. If unsuitable then right click on the node, and select Delete in the context menu.
    4. Confirm delete.

Straightforward enough, UNTIL you move on to the next un-reviewed entry and start with step 1 again. The problem is when they reach 3rd and 4th step. When the delete confirmation popup appears more often than not (I'd say 95% of the time) it shows the wrong node! If they were in a bit of a hurry they can accidently delete the wrong node and this has happened numerous times! They (and I) have even accidently deleted a higher level node with lots of child nodes. A bit scary for users when they see lots of content disappearing - they tend to panic and start yelling at me, even though it can easily be recovered from the Recycle Bin :o)

So, the problem is the context menu actions not corresponding to the selected node in the content tree. Has anyone else encountered this before? I have consistently encountered this across multiple browsers.

Cheers

Dany.

• Chriztian Steinmeier 2798 posts 8787 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Nov 23, 2009 @ 21:23
    Chriztian Steinmeier

Oh yeah - seen that so many times... I constantly have to remind clients to "Reload Nodes" before deleting AND to read the popup carefully.

Haven't yet investigated whether it's an actually reported bug, though... which of course is what we should do :-)

/Chriztian

• Aaron Powell 1708 posts 3046 karma points c-trib
    Nov 24, 2009 @ 03:16
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft