Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• hickoryFornander 32 posts 52 karma points
    Nov 24, 2009 @ 04:43
    hickoryFornander

subscribe to Umbraco TV - VAT number

Does anyone know how you can subscribe to Umbraco TV personal version (http://umbraco.org/documentation/videos/pricing), I am asked to fill in the VAT number. But as I do that (SE"my id number"01) I get an error message saying

"There seems to be a problem with your VAT number

We are very sorry, but the VAT number you provided did not validate with the European tax authorities.
    The most likely reason is that you provided the number in the wrong format.

You've set your country of origin to: Sweden so your VAT number should therefor start with: "SE".

So the complete VAT code will be something like this: SE12345678"

Anyone know what to do?

Thanks!!

• Nico Lubbers 151 posts 175 karma points
    Nov 24, 2009 @ 09:30
    Nico Lubbers

I did get the same kind of error when trying to order for a umbraco pro.

I filled out the contact form but did not receive a response from Umbraco yet about this problem.

Nico

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Nov 24, 2009 @ 09:37
    Dirk De Grave

VAT number is checked against a non-umbraco webservice, have had similar issues, it really needs to be in the correct syntax. I'd contact the umbraco hq directly, by phone or contact form (or may try tweeting using the #umbraco hash, likely to get faster response)

Hope this helps.

Regards,

/Dirk

• Niels Hartvig 1951 posts 2391 karma points c-trib
    Nov 24, 2009 @ 10:22
    Niels Hartvig

We're using the official EU VAT-checking webservice to validate the VAT ids. It is quite picky as if the VAT id is wrong we get fined 25% of the sales (costed us a pretty high number in 2007/2008 before we realized this :-/).

I've sent you both an e-mail so we can get this sorted and we'll take a look at providing better error feedback.

Thanks for reporting!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft