Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jon 17 posts 37 karma points
    Nov 25, 2009 @ 22:50
    Jon

Entire Page Reloads Each Postback

Hey guys,

i have a site that i'm trying to figure out the problem with.  When i click on any of my links in the page (contained in master page) it navigates to the next page but it seems like the entire content gets reloaded.  I would expect that some of the content would be reloaded but the menu and the links would stay in place.  Has anyone else experienced the same issue?

I would add the link but everytime i do i create an error in the xslt display on the forum.  The same behaviour happens on the wired.co.uk site.

Thanks for your help.  I can't seem to think of a solution.

Jon

• wolulcmit 357 posts 693 karma points
    Nov 26, 2009 @ 08:03
    wolulcmit

Hey Jon,

are you expecting to see your navigation stay exactly where it is and only the contents underneath change?
    there would be a number of ways to achieve this, and some of them would be technically unpretty (frames or an iframe)

but maybe you could give us a little bit more background first?

• Rik Helsen 670 posts 873 karma points
    Nov 26, 2009 @ 09:21
    Rik Helsen

This is typical (default) behaviour. If you want to change this I suggest studying ajax

don't use frames or iframes... they're really nasty.

• Bert 128 posts 251 karma points
    Nov 27, 2009 @ 16:54
    Bert

Frames and Iframes would accomplish this rather easy but have so many disadvantages ...

The reloading of an entire page might not be that user unfriendly with a optimized site. But if you still feel the user experience is unsatisfying, use ajax calls.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft