Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• jonok 297 posts 658 karma points
    Nov 26, 2009 @ 13:57
    jonok

Datefolder - changing the Datefolder on save

Hi,

I'm using the datefolder package to manage a press release document type. I have modified the source (in the Document_New method) so that it only uses the year and month from the date and doesn't create a folder for the day (this way the press releases get grouped under each month) . Each press release also has a date property assigned by the user. When the press release document is created, the datefolder package automatically creates the correct year and month folders and it all works fine.

Now I'm wondering if anybody has modified this package (or something similar) so that if a user then changes the press release date property, then the press release document is moved to the folder corresponding to the new date? It would obviously need to check if the new year and month folders exist, and if they do then the document would be moved, otherwise new year and month folders would be created.

I hope this makes sense, its a bit of a mouthful.

Thanks.

• jonok 297 posts 658 karma points
    Nov 26, 2009 @ 14:00
    jonok

Just realised this should probably go under the API forum area, sorry bout that.

• Chris Koiak 700 posts 2626 karma points
    Nov 26, 2009 @ 14:19
    Chris Koiak

Hi jonok,

Have a look the release of Autofolders 2.0 beta (http://our.umbraco.org/projects/autofolders), this supports all the functionality you've discussed.

AutoFolders will move the document if the date is changed.

Cheers,

Chris

• Robert J. Bullock 386 posts 405 karma points
    Jan 28, 2010 @ 20:49
    Robert J. Bullock

I cannot get the AutoFolders package working, period. No idea what I'm doing wrong, but it won't create subfolders.

• Max Öhman 42 posts 71 karma points
    Nov 29, 2010 @ 14:30
    Max Öhman

works for me

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft