Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Vinay Kumar 4 posts 24 karma points
    Sep 01, 2014 @ 05:27
    Vinay Kumar

google verification in umbraco

I am using umbraco v 4.0.4.2 (Assembly version: 1.0.3811.17115). I want to verify our website in google webmasters but do not know how to upload meta tag or html file through umbraco. Attached is the snapshop of page. Please let me know where to upload meta tag or html file

• Dan Lister 416 posts 1974 karma points c-trib
    Sep 01, 2014 @ 09:03
    Dan Lister

Hi Vinay,

If you have access to the root of your website outside of Umbraco, you should be able to upload a Google Site Verification file. If not, it sounds like you will need to create a new document type property and place that on your home page template.

From looking at your screenshot, it looks like you only have editor access. If this is correct, you would need to speak to your developer with regards to adding a Google Site Verification property because Umbraco out of the box does not contain this document type/page template feature.

Thanks, Dan.

• Vinay Kumar 4 posts 24 karma points
    Sep 05, 2014 @ 04:20
    Vinay Kumar

Hi Dan,

Thank you very much for your reply. I dont have root access. Is it possible to upload google verification file using just editor access of Umbraco. What steps to follow to create a a new document type property and place that on your home page template.

Vinay 

• Nik Wahlberg 639 posts 1237 karma points MVP
    Sep 05, 2014 @ 05:55
    Nik Wahlberg

If you do not have root access, then you should at least be able to access the base template of your site and add a meta tag verification. The following link is a good place to start:

https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/35659?hl=en

But, like Dan mentions you'll need to have access to the "Settings" section of the site to access templates. 

Hope this helps. 

-- Nik 

• Jerry Matt 3 posts 73 karma points
    May 07, 2019 @ 12:23
    Jerry Matt

If you want to receive a code via voice call: You will get the call in which you will be told your verification code but in case you are unable to pick the call, then the voicemail with the verification code will be left on your phone.

or can visit: Google couldn't verify this account belongs to you

To request the verification code via call, you have to sign in with the username and password and click on the Other ways to get a verification code. You have to then click on the button next to Send to your backup phone number ending in **” and ok. Once you set up your backup phone, you will get the voice call.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft