Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kim Andersen 1447 posts 2196 karma points MVP
    Sep 15, 2014 @ 13:52
    Kim Andersen

Possible to link from one section to another

Hi there

I have an Umbraco running version 6.2.1. I have made a data type that I have put on my images inside of Umbraco, using the Umbraco Usercontrol Wrapper. So far so good.

On this data type I would like to have a link from the media, to a specific node in the content tree. So I would like to give the users a link where they can go from a media in the media section, to a content node in the content section.

I know that I can link to a content node from eg. a dashboard in the content section this way:

<a href="/umbraco/editContent.aspx?id=1234">Link to specific node width nodeid 1234</a>

But if I link from a media in the media section this way, I get the content node loaded in the area to the right of the tree. It just replaces the media with the content, keeping the tree from the media section.

So I wanted to hear if any of you know how to link from a media in the media section, to a specifik node in the content section somehow?

Thank you very much in advance!

/Kim A

• Anders Bjerner 487 posts 2989 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Sep 15, 2014 @ 14:45
    Anders Bjerner

If you update the link a little, you can do that with JavaScript:

window.top.openContent(1234);

It will automatically select the node in the content tree, and open the node for editing.

• René Pjengaard 117 posts 700 karma points c-trib
    Sep 15, 2014 @ 14:54
    René Pjengaard

Hi Kim,

maybe this is what you are looking for: 

/umbraco/umbraco.aspx?app=content&rightAction=editContent&id=1234#content

/René

Sep 15, 2014 @ 15:13
    Kim Andersen

@Anders: Thanks, but it looks like this does the same as before :-/ Maybe I'm using your code the wrong way? I just tried poutting it in a onclick-attribute on the link, and adding a return false; at the end as well. If that wasn't what you ment please let me know :)

@René: Looks like it's working. Thank you a bunch :)

/Kim A

• Anders Bjerner 487 posts 2989 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Sep 15, 2014 @ 15:15
    Anders Bjerner

@Kim, is was pretty sure that I tested that it worked in other sections than the Content section, but I can't reproduce it now, so probably just me posting too quickly :(

Sep 15, 2014 @ 15:15
    Kim Andersen

Nevermind Anders. Looks like René had a good solution, so I'm just going with that. Thanks anyway :)

/Kim A

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft