Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• krisek 16 posts 103 karma points
    Oct 02, 2014 @ 11:06
    krisek

Hide Content/links if not in Member Group

Hi, 

I went throught couple of blogs and tutorials, I also bought the videos from umbraco.tv but still I have problems with understanding everything. That's why I need your help. 

I went throught this: http://siempresolutions.co.uk/blog/Umbraco_Members_Protected_Area_of_Website

and now I have login and register page, 2 pages for each of registered users (UserA belongs to GroupA and UserB to GroupB), and some other pages visible for everyone. 

The questions is: how to hide links which certain users can't access because they don't belong to certain group?

In my Master template, I have a part of this code:

@Umbraco.Field("pageTitle")

How Can I display the menu options based on membership? In the finanl effect I want to have a website with login page, after user loggs in, he will see everything what is meant to be there for a certain Member group. 

• krisek 16 posts 103 karma points
    Oct 02, 2014 @ 14:11
    krisek

This is what I have till now:

@{
    var homePage = CurrentPage.AncestorsOrSelf(1).First();

var menuItems = homePage.Children.Where("UmbracoNaviHide == false");
    foreach (var item in menuItems)
    {
      var loginAcces = umbraco.library.IsProtected(item.id, item.path) && umbraco.library.HasAccess(item.id, item.path);
    var cssClass = loginAcces ? "loginAcces ":"";
    cssClass += CurrentPage.IsDescendantOrSelf(item) ? "currentpageitem" :"";                        

if(!umbraco.library.IsProtected(item.id, item.path) || loginAcces){
    <li><a href="@item.id">@item.name</a></li>
    }
    }
    }

seems to work in 90%.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft