Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tommy Messbauer 16 posts 36 karma points
    Dec 07, 2009 @ 20:14
    Tommy Messbauer

Lost all nodes under Content

I was editing document types and templates (adding, deleting, renaming).  When I completed the changes,  all of the content disappeared from my content tree.  I am sure that I could dig into the db to find it, but I am hoping these is a better way.  I am hopeful that I do not have to start over on my content pages. 

I have tried

• republishing the site
    • reloading the nodes

I suspect that I deleted a doc type or template that was being used and the nodes were omitted from the underlying site xml.

• Chris Houston 535 posts 980 karma points MVP admin c-trib
    Dec 07, 2009 @ 20:21
    Chris Houston

Hi Tom,

Have you checked to see if your nodes are in the recycle bin?

Your diagnosis does sound quite likely....

Cheers,

Chris

• Niels Hartvig 1951 posts 2391 karma points c-trib
    Dec 07, 2009 @ 20:31
    Niels Hartvig

If you deleted a doctype that was used by any content, then that content is deleted (like dropping a table in a database). In that case you'd either:

1. Have to rollback to a previous backup of the database
    2. If you still got the umbraco.config file (unlikely when you did a republish) then you can re-import those files. I got some old hacked code for that if you'd like
    Good luck!

• Tommy Messbauer 16 posts 36 karma points
    Dec 07, 2009 @ 20:39
    Tommy Messbauer

Thanks for the replies.  Is this really deleted or just set to a deleted status?

It is not much work to re-do the content entry as all of the real work is in the template and xslt.  It will actually be more work to restore the db back and re-apply the doc type and template changes than to re-create the content. 

So the take away here is that deleting a doc type deletes the content nodes associated with it.  It makes sense. 

-T

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft