Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Uros 9 posts 29 karma points
    Oct 27, 2014 @ 13:26
    Uros

TinyMCE / Rich Text Editor problem with multiple instances

Hi all,

I have an issue with TinyMCE RTE in Umbraco v7.1.1

Note that I could replicate the issue on local machine only once (in a 1000 times), and on server it's happening all the time.

I have 3 tabs on one page, each of them containing 2 RTE, and on the first load sometimes it loads all of them, sometimes it loads only a few, but it happens that I only get buttons, and no textarea, or it's left blank, no sign of RTE. Also, when it loads all of them, when I try to edit another page with RTE and go back, it breaks again.

I've prettified the tinymce.min.js, because it's been throwing me some errors, and here are the errors:

Uncaught TypeError: undefined is not a function tinymce.min.js?umbrnd=7.1.1.684829994:7786 N.init tinymce.min.js?umbrnd=7.1.1.684829994:7786

if (t.rtl = this.editorManager.i18n.rtl, t.editorManager.add(t), n.aria_label = n.aria_label || E.getAttrib(r, "aria-label", t.getLang("aria.rich_text_area")), n.theme && ("function" != typeof n.theme ? (n.theme = n.theme.replace(/-/, ""), l = k.get(n.theme), t.theme = new l(t, k.urls[n.theme]), t.theme.init && t.theme.init(t, k.urls[n.theme] || t.documentBaseUrl.replace(/\/$/, ""))) : t.theme = n.theme), R(n.plugins.replace(/\-/g, "").split(/[ ,]/), e), n.render_ui && t.theme && (t.orgDisplay = r.style.display, "function" != typeof n.theme ? (i = n.width || r.style.width || r.offsetWidth, o = n.height || r.style.height || r.offsetHeight, a = n.min_height || 100, f = /^[0-9\.]+(|px)$/i, f.test("" + i) && (i = Math.max(parseInt(i, 10) + (l.deltaWidth || 0), 100)), f.test("" + o) && (o = Math.max(parseInt(o, 10) + (l.deltaHeight || 0), a)), l = t.theme.renderUI({

(anonymous function) tinymce.min.js?umb__rnd=7.1.1.684829994:7739

n.removed || n.init()

(anonymous function) tinymce.min.js?umb__rnd=7.1.1.684829994:2572

e.func.call(e.scope)

i tinymce.min.js?umb__rnd=7.1.1.684829994:1442

if (n.call(r, e[i], i, e) === !1) return 0

r.loadScripts.h tinymce.min.js?umb__rnd=7.1.1.684829994:2571

}), d || (i(u, function(e) {

(anonymous function) tinymce.min.js?umb__rnd=7.1.1.684829994:2569

s[t] = a, d--, p(t), h()

n tinymce.min.js?umb__rnd=7.1.1.684829994:2522

o.remove(s), a && (a.onreadystatechange = a.onload = a = null), t()

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'fire' of undefined

Everything seems to be working well when I tested on Mac in Safari, but in other browsers, including Safari for Win, it's breaking.

I'm using win, an my client is using win too, and I need to find a good solution for this, so client doesn't need to learn how to type HTML tags when creating an input :)

I believe it fires up those events before those functions are loaded, but I can't find a solution for this :(

Also, since I've created those properties on my local machine and uploaded them on our dev server (since I don't have access to their dev server, I needed to see if I could replicate the issue), the content from RTE is displaying in front-end, but it doesn't show up in Back Office.

One more thing... RTE I've added earlier (since they were for posts, now the client wanted to make other content editable so they could update without calling me for every little thing) are working as a charm for 3 months now, and they are not breaking like the newly added ones.

Has anyone experienced this issue, and does anyone know a solution for this?

Thanks!

Uros :)

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Oct 27, 2014 @ 14:54
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Uros

Could it be an option to see if the issue is solved by upgrading Umbraco to the latest release of 7.1.8 perhaps?

/Jan

• Uros 9 posts 29 karma points
    Oct 29, 2014 @ 09:00
    Uros

Hi Jan,

I'm currently working on another project, so I've turned off tinyMCE, and I've explained to the client how to enter the content with a few html tags. As soon as I get time, I'll update it, and see if it solves the issue. Thanks for the advice.

Uros

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft