Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Talbi 5 posts 5 karma points
    Oct 30, 2014 @ 15:06
    Talbi

v6.1.6. Sort node sql timeout

Hello, 

I have a problem with the sort option on the front-end. 

I'm working with umbraco v6.1.6. 

When I want to sort a directory, the popup with options' sort appears.

I wait some seconds and a sql error appears like this :

Can you help me please?

thanks.

Sarah.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Oct 30, 2014 @ 16:49
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Sarah and welcome to our :)

Have you tried having a look in the /app_data/logs file to see if it reveals further information about the error?

Does this happen on a local development environment or on a stage or production server?

/Jan

Oct 30, 2014 @ 16:54
    Talbi

Hi Jan,

Thank you for answer. 

The problem occurs on local environment but also on production server. 

Here is what I have in the logs files : 

2014-10-30 15:04:32,584 [237] ERROR Umbraco.Core.UmbracoApplicationBase - [Thread 89] An unhandled exception occurred

System.Web.HttpUnhandledException (0x80004005): Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Timeout expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding. ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The wait operation timed out

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction)

at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose)

at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.TryConsumeMetaData()

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData()

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite, SqlDataReader ds)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior)

at StackExchange.Profiling.Data.ProfiledDbCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior)

at System.Data.Common.DbCommand.System.Data.IDbCommand.ExecuteReader()

at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.PetaPocoCommandExtensions.<>c__DisplayClass4.<ExecuteReaderWithRetry>b__3()

at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.FaultHandling.RetryPolicy.ExecuteAction[TResult](Func`1 func)

at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Database.<Query>d__1c`1.MoveNext()

at System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection)

at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)

at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Repositories.ContentRepository.GetPropertyCollection(Int32 id, Guid versionId, IContentType contentType, DateTime createDate, DateTime updateDate)

at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Repositories.ContentRepository.CreateContentFromDto(DocumentDto dto, Guid versionId)

at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Repositories.ContentRepository.PerformGet(Int32 id)

at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Repositories.RepositoryBase`2.Get(TId id)

at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Repositories.ContentRepository.<PerformGetByQuery>d__29.MoveNext()

at System.Linq.Buffer`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 source)

at System.Linq.OrderedEnumerable`1.<GetEnumerator>d__0.MoveNext()

at umbraco.cms.presentation.sort.OnPreRender(EventArgs e)

at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

ClientConnectionId:225a3dae-c57c-4a91-b909-aeb432b9363e

at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)

at ASP.umbraco_dialogs_sort_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) in c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\6193c9fc\5835c4ac\App_Web_sort.aspx.10695ae8._vezam29.0.cs:line 0

at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()

at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Thank you

Sarah

Oct 30, 2014 @ 16:59
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Sarah

Are you behind a firewall or something that could be blocking the request for some reason?

I don't assume that you have a lot of nodes?

/Jan

Oct 30, 2014 @ 17:04
    Talbi

I don't think it's a firewall problem because it worked before and we haven't changed anything in the server's configuration.

Sarah.

Oct 30, 2014 @ 17:06
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Sarah

Ok, so how many nodes are we talking about?

/Jan

Oct 30, 2014 @ 17:09
    Jan Skovgaard

Is there a

/Jan

Oct 30, 2014 @ 17:11
    Talbi

hi jan, 

We are talking about around 50 nodes. 

In the web.config, I have this setting : 

<httpRuntime maxRequestLength="1048576" executionTimeout="36000" />

Thanks 

Sarah.

Oct 30, 2014 @ 17:36
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Sarah

Ok, that should really not cause this.

But have you guys checked the server logs on the database server to make sure that nothing has happened there?

This might be a long shot...but could it be due to space problems on the disk on the webserver or the db server perhaps? Umbraco can start to act very strange when space is running out.

/Jan

Oct 31, 2014 @ 12:06
    Talbi

Hi Jan, 

I check with my collegues and will come to you.

Sarah.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft