Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jeff Grine 149 posts 189 karma points
    Dec 09, 2009 @ 16:34
    Jeff Grine

Multiple Sites - Same Page Name

Hi all,

I'm trying to set up a new install with multiple sites and I'm having a problem with pages in one site showing up in the other. Here's the structure:

Content
    - Site Folder
    --Home
    --Other Pages

-Site Folder 2
    --Home

I have separate domains set on Site Folder and Site Folder 2. UseDomainPrefixes is set to true. UmbracoHideTopLevelNodeFromPath is also true. Home in Site Folder 2 has it's own doc type and template, but when I go to domain2.com/home.aspx I get the content from home in Site Folder. If I change HideTopLevel to false and go to domain2.com/site-folder-2/home.aspx, I get the correct content, but I need to hide that top level.

Thanks ahead for any help,

Jeff

• dandrayne 1138 posts 2262 karma points
    Dec 09, 2009 @ 18:05
    dandrayne

You could try (in /settings/umbracosettings.config)

<ensureUniqueNaming>True</ensureUniqueNaming>

Dan

Dec 09, 2009 @ 18:16
    Jeff Grine

Thanks - but that is already set to True.

Dec 09, 2009 @ 22:40
    Jeff Grine

If it helps, I am able to duplicate the problem in a local install of CWS by doing the following:

Add a new node under content with doc type Home
    Add an About page under the new root
    Set unique domains as hostnames on the two Home pages
    Add hostnames to host headers in IIS
    Set useDomainPrefixes to true
    Publish all content

Then when I go to the domain for the new root, I can access all of the nodes under the original Home. If I use the new domain to get to the new About page I get the original about page.

It appears that all nodes are being searched for content instead of only the nodes assigned to the current domain.

• Paul Blair 466 posts 731 karma points
    Dec 09, 2009 @ 23:30
    Paul Blair

You need to set the uniques hsotnames on the site folder, not the home page.

When you go to the properties page for domain2.com/home.aspx it should say:

Link to document :            http://domain2.com/home.aspx
    Alternative Links :             http://domain2.com/home.aspx

If the Link to document just says: /home.aspx then try doing a save and publish on this page.

Dec 09, 2009 @ 23:37
    Jeff Grine

In the CWS site the home page is directly under Content, so that's why I set it there. In my original example the hostnames are set on the site folders. In both cases the properties page shows the full path. (I lose the full path when I get down to 3rd level documents, but that seems to be unrelated.)

Really it just seems like the useDomainPrefixes isn't working. But then ensureUniqueNaming isn't either.

• Connie DeCinko 931 posts 1160 karma points
    Mar 26, 2011 @ 03:54
    Connie DeCinko

What was the resolution to this issue?  We are having the same problem, but in our case it works correctly on dev but not on production.

• Pasang Tamang 258 posts 458 karma points
    Mar 26, 2011 @ 04:59
    Pasang Tamang

I had same problem before, multiple domain in single umbraco instance, assign seperate domain name. And checked in hosting server, we had a dedicated server so directly I changed to IIS, multiple domain binding in single website. From that situation I came to know only assigning domain in umbraco node doesn't work.

Mar 26, 2011 @ 05:41
    Connie DeCinko

My current problem has nothing to do with the domain, IIS or DNS.  It's not even at that point yet.  In Umbraco, on the properties tab of my content, Link to document on one server will not show the full path, the domain name is missing.  It's there on the dev server, but not the production server.

I've unpublished, saved and published, recycled the app pool (by resaving web.config), tried clearing the cache by Republish Entire Site and so far nothing has worked!  It should not be this difficult!

• Daniel Bardi 927 posts 2562 karma points
    Mar 26, 2011 @ 08:16
    Daniel Bardi

in the umbracoSettings.config, change the following then republish the site.

<useDomainPrefixes>false</useDomainPrefixes>

To:

<useDomainPrefixes>true</useDomainPrefixes>
    Mar 28, 2011 @ 17:09
    Connie DeCinko

That was already set to true.  Apparently this information is being cached somewhere.  If I republish a page or if I unpublish and immediately publish, the problem still exists.  If I come back several hours or days later and publish the page, then it appears things are working correctly.  I hope this does not become an issue anytime the server or app pool are restarted.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft