Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sean L 24 posts 146 karma points
    Nov 24, 2014 @ 21:18
    Sean L

Error creating and accessing new Member Type after adding property

I have run into an issue adding a property to a Member Type. While attempting to add a property to a Member Type (one that was already created, but had only the default properties, as it was not customized originally), I have generated the following error:

No node exists with id '-133' 

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: No node exists with id '-133'

Stack Trace:
    [ArgumentException: No node exists with id '-133'] umbraco.cms.businesslogic.CMSNode.setupNode() +323 umbraco.cms.businesslogic.datatype.DataTypeDefinition.setupNode() +44 umbraco.cms.businesslogic.datatype.<>c__DisplayClass3.<GetDataTypeDefinition>b__2() +34 Umbraco.Core.Cache.<>c__DisplayClass9`1.<GetCacheItem>b__8() +15 Umbraco.Core.Cache.HttpRuntimeCacheProvider.GetCacheItem(String cacheKey, Func`1 getCacheItem, Nullable`1 timeout, Boolean isSliding, CacheItemPriority priority, CacheItemRemovedCallback removedCallback, CacheDependency dependency) +266 Umbraco.Core.Cache.HttpRuntimeCacheProvider.GetCacheItem(String cacheKey, Func`1 getCacheItem, Nullable`1 timeout, Boolean isSliding, CacheItemPriority priority, CacheItemRemovedCallback removedCallback, String[] dependentFiles) +200 Umbraco.Core.Cache.HttpRuntimeCacheProvider.GetCacheItem(String cacheKey, Func`1 getCacheItem) +95 Umbraco.Core.Cache.CacheProviderExtensions.GetCacheItem(ICacheProvider provider, String cacheKey, Func`1 getCacheItem) +180 umbraco.cms.businesslogic.datatype.DataTypeDefinition.GetDataTypeDefinition(Int32 id) +169 umbraco.controls.GenericProperties.GenericProperty.UpdateInterface() +395 System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +71 System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +190 System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +190 System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +190 System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +190 System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +190 System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +190 System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +190 System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +190 System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +190 System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +190 System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +190 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3178

Originally there were two member types in the Member Types folder already. Clicking on either worked fine, pulling up the member type information. Then I tried to add a new property to the type, via the Generic properties tab and clicking "Click here to add a new property." Filled out the fields, with a type of "Textstring" for the property. Clicked save and got the error above.

Now, when I create a new Member Type, it appears to actually create the type but is unable to pull up the information screen. Clicking any newly created types to update/change, results in the above error as well. Essentially, I have hosed the member type that I was trying to add properties to as well as unable to create new types.

I have done some digging around the database to see if I could see what it might be referencing and there is indeed a record in the DataType table with a nodeId of -133, but I am unsure of what the controlId is referencing.

Also worth noting, accessing the other Member Type that existed (which I did not alter) is accessible. I have not attempted adding properties to it, as to avoid messing that type up as well.

Umbraco - 6.2.1
    .NET - 4.0.30319.34237
    IIS 7.5

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Nov 24, 2014 @ 22:09
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Sean

Have you tried removing the duplicate property that you added from the membertype? Or is the type completely inaccessible as well? If so then you need to run some SQL to remove the property. Unfortunately I don't know how to put together such a query though.

/Jan

Nov 24, 2014 @ 22:33
    Sean L

Jan,

Thanks for the quick response. Yes, unfortunately the member type is not accessible via the backend. When clicking on it, it gives the error from the original post, which was what seemed so strange. I have been digging through the database and trying to get an idea of the inner workings. I was beginning to think that I may have to manually remove something.

What did you mean by "duplicate" property? The member type didn't have any properties yet, which is why I ask. Thanks for clarifying.

I will continue on and post back if I get this resolved.

If anyone else may have further insight, it is still appreciated.

Regards,
    Sean

Nov 25, 2014 @ 18:03
    Sean L

I want to post an update to give a little more background information. After taking a deeper look to explore manually removing items from the database, as Jan proposed, I went through the process of adding another Member Type, simply called "Group." Of course, after adding this, I am unable to access the new type, receiving the "No node exists with id -133" error.

Creating the member type adds a record to the cmsContentType table:

pk      nodeId   alias     icon                   thumbnail   description   isContainer    allowAtRoot
    565   1715      Group   member.gif       folder.png    NULL           0                    0

I also see that this creates the following entries in cmsPropertyType table:

id      dataTypeId     contentTypeId      propertyTypeGroupId       Alias                                                                 Name      
    229   -89                  1715                    48                                      umbracoMemberComments                            Comments 
    230   -133                1715                    48                                      umbracoMemberFailedPasswordAttempts      Failed Password Attempts  
    231   -49                  1715                    48                                      umbracoMemberApproved                               Is Approved 
    232   -49                  1715                    48                                      umbracoMemberLockedOut                             Is Locked Out 
    233   -133                1715                    48                                      umbracoMemberLastLockoutDate                   Last Lockout Date 
    234   -133                1715                    48                                      umbracoMemberLastLogin                              Last Login Date
    235   -133                1715                    48                                      umbracoMemberLastPasswordChangeDate   Last Password Change Date 
    236   -133                1715                    48                                      umbracoMemberPasswordRetrievalAnswer    Password Answer 
    237   -133                1715                    48                                      umbracoMemberPasswordRetrievalQuestion  Password Question  

There's the number referenced in the error, -133, but it is referring to dataTypeId. Looking at the cmsDataType table:

pk    nodeId    controlId                                               dbType
    28    -133       GUID-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXX      Ntext

I also see a matching GUID with a nodeId of -92 and dbType of Nvarchar, but I am not sure that is relevant to the issue.

Based on -133 being tied to a nodeId here and the error message saying "No node exists with id '-133'" I would figure this is the problem. I assume that nodeId has a relationship with the umbracoNode table. I looked through the data contained in this table and there is no record with an id of -133. There are random values from -1 to -92, but nothing for -133. This may be the problem, but it appears to me that these records with negative IDs are specific to Umbraco's base installation.

Is my installation missing something that should be there?

Nov 25, 2014 @ 23:47
    Sean L

I happened to have a version of the site in dev that was running on a previous version of Umbraco (6.1.2) and had no issues adding a property to a Member Type. From a database perspective, the records in the tables mentioned in the post above did not have any differences with values (ie, no node with id of -133, same datatype information, etc).

I also removed the values added to the cmsPropertyType table that were created when adding a property to the Member Type and that Member Type became available through the back office again. Adding a property again effectively breaks the Member Type, so this is definitely the issue.

Anybody with ideas on this one? A bug in 6.2.1 doesn't seem likely, as others would have encountered this as well and I could not find anything related in the Issue Tracking site.

I may create a backup from the production environment tomorrow and attempt an upgrade to 6.2.4 to see if that will help solve the issue.

Thanks in advance for any assistance or advice.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Nov 26, 2014 @ 06:21
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Sean

I'm not sure whether it's a bug in 6.2.1 compared to 6.1.2 - But the difference between the two versions it that the member section has been refactored, which you can read about in this old blogpost http://umbraco.com/follow-us/blog-archive/2014/3/7/umbraco-710-and-620-beta-now-available

Don't know if that helps and sheds a light on things.

Might also be an idea to look through the issue tracker to see if any bugs have been reported?

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Nov 26, 2014 @ 22:52
    Sean L

Jan,

Thanks for the response and I appreciate your insight. 

I will take a deeper look in the Issue Tracker. I did not get a chance to take a look at this today as anticipated.

Regards,
    Sean

Dec 02, 2014 @ 23:44
    Sean L

Was finally able to try an upgrade. Upgrading the site to 6.2.2 did not solve the issue. I was unable to find any related instances in the Issue Tracker, coinciding with previous searches.

At this point, I can't imagine an upgrade to 6.2.3 or 6.2.4 will solve the issue either, as nothing is listed in bug fixes on the version pages that relate to this issue. I have no idea how this issue got introduced into my environment in the first place. Only thing I can think of is the last batch of upgrades did not work properly. Unfortunately realizing this several months after the upgrade, it would be impossible to recreate all the changes made to the site since then, even with the log table in the database.

Potential solutions:
    - Roll out custom membership provider
    - Rebuild the site from scratch on clean Umbraco install

Any other ideas are welcome.

Regards.

• fontanka16 24 posts 73 karma points
    Nov 22, 2015 @ 20:31
    fontanka16

I got here when upgrading from 4.11 to 6.2.5 Very frustrating. Here is a way forward: https://our.umbraco.org/forum/core/general/70678-no-node-exists-with-id-133-umbraco-v625

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft