Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Istvan Pszota 59 posts 191 karma points
    Dec 03, 2014 @ 14:00
    Istvan Pszota

Can not add new domain to Culture and Hostnames dialog

Hello!

I'm trying to add a new domain that contains accents to Culture and Hostnames dialog but i get an error message: "Invalid domain format."

The domain is registered, and valid for sure! It is rendezvénysátorbérlés.hu

Any idea would be highly appreciated!

Many thanks, Istvan

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Dec 03, 2014 @ 14:05
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Istvan

What version of Umbraco are you trying to add it in?

I think it may be a bug in Umbraco perhaps since the domain contains some not so common characters - What happens if you try to add a hostname like rendezvenysatoberles.hu without the ´above the characters? Does that work?

If so I suggest you file an issue on the issue tracker about it.

/Jan

Dec 03, 2014 @ 14:07
    Istvan Pszota

Hi Jan!

Thanks for your reply! If i try to add it the way you ask, there is no problem!

The version i'm using is: Umbraco v6.2.2 (Assembly version: 1.0.5350.26600)

I'm going to file an issue, then!

Thanks, Istvan

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Dec 03, 2014 @ 14:07
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Istvan,

I think is because that it doesn't take care of the new rules for domain names, so it validates for the old domain rules. I have just tried to add a domain with å (danish special letter)  and I am also get the error message: "Invalid domain format."

I think that you should create a issue on the issue tracker so it can be fixed and so the HQ is awre that there is a problem. You can create the issue here: http://issues.umbraco.org/

After you have created the issue would please link to it in this thread so other people that comes accross can vote for it.

/Dennis

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Dec 03, 2014 @ 14:09
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Istvan

You're very welcome - Please post a reference to the issue back in here so others can go and vote up the issue as well if they come across this post.

EDIT: Forgot to mention - A workaround could be to adding the domain name without the special characters and then setup an IIS site for the domain with the special character domain, which will then 301 redirect to the site without the special characters.

This will of course require that the domain without special characters are registered as well. But that's a workaround that has been used widely by danes, swedes and germans to overcome difficulties with using special characters like æ,ø,å,ä,ö etc.

Besides giving issue when setting up the domains for hosting websites there can probably be weird issues when sending e-mails as well.

Cheers, Jan

Dec 03, 2014 @ 14:16
    Istvan Pszota

Thanks guys, for the prompt advices!

I have filed the issue: http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-5929

Hope this is not a huge issue and can be solved quickly!

Regards, Istvan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft