Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Pasang Tamang 258 posts 458 karma points
    Dec 05, 2014 @ 07:59
    Pasang Tamang

Image Cropper throws error while saving media

Hi All,

I have a site which is developed in Umbraco 6.2.4. Recently I noticed that image cropper is not working correctly in my site. My scenario is as below: After uploading the image first time I can save the images and cropper generate the cropped images. But if I tried to correct the crop position and save the image then it throws the error and error message is like this "The process cannot access the file 'xxxxxx' because it is being used by another process.". I tried to find solution myself but unable to find. So please suggest me how can I solve this issue.

Regards

PTamang

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Dec 05, 2014 @ 08:15
    Dennis Aaen

Hi PTamang,

Perhaps, this post can help you to solve your issue with the Image Cropper. http://our.umbraco.org/forum/developers/api-questions/26068-The-process-cannot-access-the-file-x-because-it-is-being-used-by-another-process

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

Dec 05, 2014 @ 09:23
    Pasang Tamang

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for your response. I already tried to do change in umbraco source code as per the post you suggested but unable to regenerate the cropped Images.

Thanks Ptamang

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Dec 05, 2014 @ 10:00
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Pasang

When you say image cropper...which one are you referring? Is it the CropUp package? Or is it the very very old image cropper package from waaay back?

/Jan

Dec 05, 2014 @ 10:32
    Pasang Tamang

Hi Jan,

I am using the default cropper that comes with Umbraco. I tried to work with source code and error throws in SaveJpeg of ImageManipulation.cs. The file is in umbraco.editorControls imagecropper. This is the codeline _fs.AddFile(path, fileStream, true); that I am having the process error.

Regards,

PTamang

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft