Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mikkel Johansen 116 posts 292 karma points
    Jan 08, 2015 @ 08:03
    Mikkel Johansen

Upload image - umbracoWidth/Height/... is not updated

I have this strange issue with Umbraco 4.11.10.

When uploading an image in the Media-section the umbraco-properties (umbracoWidth/Height/Bytes/Extension) are not updated.

I tried with "debug" level in log4net settings but theres i nothing in the logfile regarding uploading an image.

Do anybody have a clue on what is wrong?

/Mikkel

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jan 08, 2015 @ 08:32
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Mikkel

What type of Image is it? How are you uploading it? Is it using the Desktop media uploader or from within Umbraco manually or using drag'n'drop?

And it's not because it's accidently uploaded as a "File" rather than an "Image"?

/Jan

Jan 08, 2015 @ 09:30
    Mikkel Johansen

Hi Jan

I doing it just like old plain upload. Using the upload form "Choose file" button. No magic/fancy upload features.

I have also tried creating another mediatype and that has the same issue :-(

/Mikkel 

Jan 08, 2015 @ 09:34
    Mikkel Johansen

Hey it works with the drag-n-drop feature :-)

But why does it not work with the form-upload? Could it be some IIS settings?

/Mikkel

Jan 08, 2015 @ 10:02
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Mikkel

Hmm, what image type was it again? (jpg, png, something else?).

Not sure why it would work using drag'n'drop and not using the other approach unless you choose "File" when you create the media node.

/Jan

Jan 08, 2015 @ 10:25
    Mikkel Johansen

It is a Image-mediatype and I have tried with several image-files (jpg and png).

I have just testet if the umbracoBytes and umbracoType properites are update if it is a File-mediatype. And that doesn't work either :-(
    But works with drag'n'drop. 

Jan 08, 2015 @ 10:29
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Mikkel

That's really weird - I don't suppose you have added some custom event handling when images are uploaded that could be the cause? Or make use of some 3rd party stuff that could cause it either?

I don't recall seeing this on 4.11.10...but it's of course been a while since I last laid hands on that particular version but I'm 90% sure it should just work as usual.

/Jan

Jan 08, 2015 @ 11:29
    Mikkel Johansen

Hi Jan

I have no clue aswell. We have several sites running the exact same code. And they are all running just fine.

The solution at the moment is that the editors have to use drag-n-drop.
    And I have just made some C# code that traverse all Images and updates the properties from the image-file. 

/Mikkel

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft