Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Becky Amiss 3 posts 38 karma points
    Jan 15, 2015 @ 17:55
    Becky Amiss

6.0.5 all content, media, styles and templates disappeared

Hi, I've been contacted by a client using a 6.0.5 site happily for over 18 months, just said website isn't working.

Logged into the back end ok, but there's no content tree, no media files or folders, no stylesheets, nothing left apart from the XSLT and data types?

There's another Umbraco site same version very similar on the same server that's working fine, both sites have been working fine for over a year?

Anybody any clues?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jan 15, 2015 @ 20:11
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Becky and welcome to our :)

That is indeed an odd issue - Since there is another site running on the server I guess it won't make sense to check if there is enough space on the disk and the database server?

Do you have any idea if something could have happened on the server? Do you see any errors in the console log of your browser?

Have you tried checking the Event viewer on the server to see if it reveals anything? And what about the /App_Data/Logs file? Does it reveal anything marked with "ERROR" or "WARNING" ?

/Jan

Jan 15, 2015 @ 22:02
    Becky Amiss

Thanks for the info Jan, I'll send your questions to the tech team on the site. Appreciate your thoughts. Cheers Becky

Feb 04, 2015 @ 11:25
    Becky Amiss

Hi, Just a general point has anyone else experience web.config file issues with V6, I've had 2 separate sites now fall over due to corrupt web.config files, and trash the whole site with the same symptoms as above. I've had to restore from backups both times? I'm concerned this will happen to other people.

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Feb 04, 2015 @ 12:08
    Jeroen Breuer

Hello,

The web.config files normally aren't changed. There is a package which makes this possible: http://our.umbraco.org/projects/developer-tools/config-tree

Maybe installing a nuget package changed it?

Jeroen

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft