Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Al Tremblay 105 posts 31 karma points
    Dec 24, 2009 @ 15:07
    Al Tremblay

Link To Document is incorrect

I have 5 domain names all pointing to one Umbraco instance on my webhost.  Within the instance I have 5 folders at the root each with their own hostname.  I want to create a new site also pointing to the same Umbraco instance so I've created a sub domain at my webhost and have created a new folder in Umbraco for the content called Test.   After I save and publish the new Home page called Test the "Link To Document information is updated with a URL pointing to the Early Bedtime Club specifically /meeting-notes/2009/12/9/novemberdecember-ebc-meeting/comment-by-!gioia!-(3).aspx.  I am not sure why the new folder is setting the Link To Document to a page in a different folder.  Any ideas?

My site looks like this:
    Content
        PC Developers Website (hostname=www.pcdevelopers.com)
        GreenTea Farmington        (hostname=www.greenteafarmington.com)
        Manchester Transmissions (hostname=www.manchestertransmissions.com)
        Martha Dempster LICSW  (hostname=www.marthadempsterlicsw.com)
        Early Bedtime Club        (hostname=www.earlybedtimeclub.com)
        Test                    (hostname=sub1.tremb.net)

• Al Tremblay 105 posts 31 karma points
    Dec 24, 2009 @ 22:54
    Al Tremblay

I checked my umbraco_log in the database and found several nodes named the same in my different websites such as sitemap.aspx and contact.aspx.  I made each sitemap and contact page unique in the website and the errors stopped.  Also, I rebuilt my lucern index by doing the following:

• Removing all files from _systemUmbracoIndexDontDelete folder but don't delete the folder
    • Browse to /umbraco/reindex.aspx to rebuild the lucene index.

I am not sure which fixed the problem, but now my link to document is working correctly.

Merry Christmas to all!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft