Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mikael Mørup 297 posts 326 karma points
    Dec 28, 2009 @ 12:30
    Mikael Mørup

Umbraco suddently crashed after scheduled publish.

I have an umbraco 4.02 install on my Windows Vista PC.

Today i have experimented with the "publish at" propeerty for a page for the first time.

I set a page to publis at today at 12.00. As soon as the clock was after 12 Umbraco  crashed and now i get a server error when ever i click a page in the content tree.

I can start Umbraco and login, and everything seems normal, but if i click any page in the content tree i get this server error (YSOD):

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Beskrivelse: Der opstod en undtagelse, der ikke blev behandlet, under udførelse af den aktuelle webanmodning. Se staksporingen for at få yderligere oplysninger om fejlen, og hvor den kom fra i koden.

Detaljer om undtagelse: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Kildefejl:

Der blev oprettet en undtagelse, der ikke blev behandlet,  under kørsel af den aktuelle webanmodning. Du kan finde oplysninger om undtagelsens oprindelse og placering ved hjælp af nedenstående staksporing af undtagelser.

Staksporing:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       umbraco.controls.ContentControl.addControlNew(Property p, TabPage tp, String Caption) +54
       umbraco.controls.ContentControl..ctor(Content c, publishModes CanPublish, String Id) +780
       umbraco.cms.presentation.editContent.OnInit(EventArgs e) +367
       System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +333
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +378

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This happend at the same time the page was set to publish, but i'm not sure that there is a connection ???

What happend ?

What can i do to get my Umbraco install to work again.

Thanks,  merry X and happy new year to all.

Mikael

Dec 28, 2009 @ 12:43
    Mikael Mørup

Ok, so two reboots seems to have solved the problem, but my page was not published, and i still wonder what happend.

I have tried to set a new publish date/ time to check again.

Mikael

Dec 28, 2009 @ 13:43
    Mikael Mørup

Hmm, the second attempt just worked as expected, so the crash was probably IIS related more than Umbraco related.

Mikael

• Kim Emil Vesterbirk 13 posts 34 karma points
    Aug 24, 2010 @ 10:01
    Kim Emil Vesterbirk

I've just experienced exactly the same issue with a scheduled publish (probably). Issue was fixed (but for how long?) with a restart of the AppPool on IIS.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft